Levi Haines out of the NWCA All-Star Classic

May 16, 2023
see my post in Journeyman thread. Looked like he slightly injured his left knee in first bout. Pointless to take a chance in an exhibition match.
Okay, but by that logic it would also be pointless to wrestle two more matches at the Journeyman, which Haines did. Unless the injury got worse this past week (i.e., after the Journeyman).

Dec 23, 2021
Okay, but by that logic it would also be pointless to wrestle two more matches at the Journeyman, which Haines did. Unless the injury got worse this past week (i.e., after the Journeyman).
This is from my personal experience (having endured 6 knee operations). It isn't always immediately obvious about the severity of an injury or how your joint/body will respond the next day. Cartlidge damage in my experience plays out this way (I've had this as well as both minor and major ligament injuries). I've had cartlidge damage and continued to compete but it does cause problems. For all we know, he may have had it scoped this week and we won't see him until January. Time will tell. And I don't have any inside knowledge. Only going on what I saw on video, my own experiences, and how this kind of thing has played out with other atheletes over the years.

Reactions: pabison

thelorow

Oct 9, 2021
i think it was cancelled because of Teemer’s injury, not Haines. Teeter defaulted out of their Lock Haven duel last Saturday, and out of the Journeyman on Sunday. He was to be in the other 157 pool from Haines.

Reactions: TrooperPSU

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
i think it was cancelled because of Teemer’s injury, not Haines. Teeter defaulted out of their Lock Haven duel last Saturday, and out of the Journeyman on Sunday. He was to be in the other 157 pool from Haines.
Agreed.

Also, when looking at the potential matchups -- and that the organizers were not allowing intra-conference matches -- most of the next best available guys were B10. So Levi would've been easier to replace than Teemer.

Doesn't preclude both withdrawing, but if only one did, it was probably Teemer.

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
This is from my personal experience (having endured 6 knee operations). It isn't always immediately obvious about the severity of an injury or how your joint/body will respond the next day. Cartlidge damage in my experience plays out this way (I've had this as well as both minor and major ligament injuries). I've had cartlidge damage and continued to compete but it does cause problems. For all we know, he may have had it scoped this week and we won't see him until January. Time will tell. And I don't have any inside knowledge. Only going on what I saw on video, my own experiences, and how this kind of thing has played out with other atheletes over the years.
Baby Hat GIF

Latest posts