Match Notes for Michigan and MSU

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
I was going with man-strength, Mr defense Amine over Mitch Mesenbrink until I saw that Caleb Fish (great surname for a wrestler) just beat Amine with last second takedown. I know it’s part of the process to learn from the guys’ mistakes but I think MM has a real shot at winning this one. Should be a great weekend for wrestling!

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
I was going with man-strength, Mr defense Amine over Mitch Mesenbrink until I saw that Caleb Fish (great surname for a wrestler) just beat Amine with last second takedown. I know it’s part of the process to learn from the guys’ mistakes but I think MM has a real shot at winning this one. Should be a great weekend for wrestling!
Cael is undefeated vs UM. We avg 26 pts to their 10 over that time. The most they ever scored is 15. UM won't reach their average. They scored 8 last year and 6 the year before.......when they had their best team. Last year Steen got TF's and Kerk gave up a last second TD to Parris

2 years ago, Brady Berge beat Amine 3-1. Last year Facundo beat him in OT. Amine is a very good wrestler.........MM is on a different level. Forget the rankings.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Just watched some interviews of some Michigan wrestlers. They appear to definitely be ready. I’m concerned about this match fellas. As Cael said they have a very good line up. Didnt really know how good until I looked. Gonna be a nail bitter. 133 is a key match for us. Think it comes down to which team can get some bonus points. Gonna be a sold out crowd. Can’t wait to watch on the BTN at 6:00 Friday.

Reactions: GoPSU97

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
"I think you see a lot of teams lay down for guys like Penn State, but ugh, that's not going to be us. We're going to go out there, we're going to hand-fight hard, we're going to compete hard, we're going to ride hard."

Really? I don't recall seeing any wrestlers that lay down when facing PSU wrestlers, but he can believe what he wants.

BTW, Flo, or whomever is doing the captions, it's seeding, not seating.

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
Several big tests for the young lions! Love the 6p.m. start time! Getting into the meat of the Big 10 schedule, lets go!

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021
Just watched some interviews of some Michigan wrestlers. They appear to definitely be ready. I’m concerned about this match fellas. As Cael said they have a very good line up. Didnt really know how good until I looked. Gonna be a nail bitter. 133 is a key match for us. Think it comes down to which team can get some bonus points. Gonna be a sold out crowd. Can’t wait to watch on the BTN at 6:00 Friday.
Maybe I am missing something but don’t we win 7 matches (or more)? If we won only 6, wouldn’t that be a bit of a disappointment?

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Flo has it 28-6 in favor of Penn State:

They have UM winning two which sounds right. I believe 4 bonus points might be the floor for PSU. Working backwards, Kerk could easily get 1, Brooks 2, Starocci 1, Messinbrink 1, Haines 1 and Bartlett 1. Brooks could get the pin but he would have to be very tactical about it. Take him down and ride the crap out of him, until he just rolls over just to stop the pain.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
They have UM winning two which sounds right. I believe 4 bonus points might be the floor for PSU. Working backwards, Kerk could easily get 1, Brooks 2, Starocci 1, Messinbrink 1, Haines 1 and Bartlett 1. Brooks could get the pin but he would have to be very tactical about it. Take him down and ride the crap out of him, until he just rolls over just to stop the pain.
Amine is 165 for Michigan. He’ll be looking to score takedowns on Messinbrink being too aggressive. MM gotta make very strong finishEd grabbing both legs. Amine is a counter wrestler

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021

We won’t have a problem winning this dual.

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
"I think you see a lot of teams lay down for guys like Penn State, but ugh, that's not going to be us. We're going to go out there, we're going to hand-fight hard, we're going to compete hard, we're going to ride hard."

Really? I don't recall seeing any wrestlers that lay down when facing PSU wrestlers, but he can believe what he wants.

BTW, Flo, or whomever is doing the captions, it's seeding, not seating.

I think that programs get up to wrestle PSU at this point and everyone always gives us their biggest haymaker. It never connects but nobody lays down against us.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew