Michigan State and transferology

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
watching Mel Tucker say that they have staff DEDICATED to the transfer portal and process. obviously, when the NCAA opened instant eligibility for first time transfers, it turned this into free agency. It now looks like any coaching staff has to be able to manage its losses to transfer by getting as much back from the transfer process. just like an NFL team has to balance free agents with drafts, the CFB staff has to do the same thing. it is just part of the new roster management problem they get paid the big bucks to manage.

BTW - Sparty used two years of transfers, and I recall that almost half their scholarship players are transfers. Along with their super senior mix, they are going to have future problems in managing their roster, but it sure got some instant results.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
watching Mel Tucker say that they have staff DEDICATED to the transfer portal and process. obviously, when the NCAA opened instant eligibility for first time transfers, it turned this into free agency. It now looks like any coaching staff has to be able to manage its losses to transfer by getting as much back from the transfer process. just like an NFL team has to balance free agents with drafts, the CFB staff has to do the same thing. it is just part of the new roster management problem they get paid the big bucks to manage.

BTW - Sparty used two years of transfers, and I recall that almost half their scholarship players are transfers. Along with their super senior mix, they are going to have future problems in managing their roster, but it sure got some instant results.
And yet Vegas has them at only 2.5 point favorites at Purdue.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
And yet Vegas has them at only 2.5 point favorites at Purdue.
I can see that being a close game. Purdue is a tough out and has a good run D. Sparty also has some of their wins that are just not pretty which influences the bookies. Nebraska win in OT was freak, Indiana win was pretty lucky, UMich back from 14 pts. They still are unbeaten and Tucker turned it around with transfers. So Walker was #2 on Wake team.......wow.