MNF: Raiders vs. Chefs

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
Shes Not Wrong Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: PSUJim

PSUJim

Oct 31, 2021
Refs had a really bad game at times. The roughing call was horrendous. While I agree with the intentional grounding call, the defensive hold on the missed FG was a game changer. Almost NEVER see that called, and probably happens every kick. The fact KC got an automatic first down was like a make-up call of all make-up calls. Fun game to watch in the second half, and really didn't understand some of the coaching decisions. Doesn't just happen with college coaches.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
About the roughing the qb call against Kansas City last night, the ref said he threw the flag because the Chief player landed on Carr with his full body weight. I at first called BS but the rules do caution against this, forbidding “unnecessary or violent” instances of landing on the qb with full body weight. Bottom line, there’s no consistency and no common sense.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Refs had a really bad game at times. The ruffing call was horrendous. While I agree with the intentional grounding call, the defensive hold on the missed FG was a game changer. Almost NEVER see that called, and probably happens every kick. The fact KC got an automatic first down was like a make-up call of all make-up calls. Fun game to watch in the second half, and really didn't understand some of the coaching decisions. Doesn't just happen with college coaches.
Defensive holding on a FG attempt was last called in the NFL in 2015, seven years ago.

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
Defensive holding on a FG attempt was last called in the NFL in 2015, seven years ago.
WTH is even a defensive holding on a FG? Is the offensive player trying to tip the ball over the crossbar and the defender has to hold the offensive player to prevent that?

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
WTH is even a defensive holding on a FG? Is the offensive player trying to tip the ball over the crossbar and the defender has to hold the offensive player to prevent that?
No it’s when you tackle the O and pull them out of the way so your guy can get a clean run for the block. Been outlawed for ever

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
No it’s when you tackle the O and pull them out of the way so your guy can get a clean run for the block. Been outlawed for ever
Did 11 or 27 get even get close to blocking the kick because of this flagrant foul? I'm just asking . . . I don't know

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Did 11 or 27 get even get close to blocking the kick because of this flagrant foul? I'm just asking . . . I don't know
Not that I saw. It looked as if the guy doing the holding was just going through the motions, dogging the play a little bit.

Edit: it was called on 51.

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
Not that I saw. It looked as if the guy doing the holding was just going through the motions, dogging the play a little bit.

Edit: it was called on 51.

Thanks Jim! Thats looks pretty lame to change the game. I don't have a dog in this fight (don't like either team or watch NFL). I did lookup and this call hasn't happened in the NFL since 2015 (you can do the maths. Lol). Just waiting for it to happen to PSU on this Saturday.

Reactions: LionJim

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
“The victim is a photographer at the Chiefs/Raiders game. At the end of the game, he was pushed to the ground causing injury. He made arrangements for private transport to the hospital for treatment at which time he called police. The injuries are preliminarily thought to be non-life threatening.”

Great news…I was worried that the preliminary reports would indicate that falling on his butt might have caused life threatening injuries.