My 2 cents on Ohio vs Penn State

PSUMichFan

Oct 28, 2021
1. Defensive Line - I would have wished for more sacks. I am concerned about playing against a strong O-line and the possibility of not stopping their running game. Remember what Auburn did last year – ran at will against us. Commentators giving lots of love to our 2nd

2. Keveyon Lee’s blind side block was total BS

3. Commentators Love Clifford and I think again he showed good leadership out there again. I think Allar throws a better deep ball (Just MHO)

4. PJ Mustipher – I didn’t hear much about his performance. Still may need some time to Gel!

5. Credit to Ohio’s defense when playing man to man tight coverage there was no one to throw to and it lead to some sacks. They had more sacks then we did!!!

6. Loved some of Ohio’s trick plays on Offense.

7. I was totally pissed on #38 Helmet attack on Allar. It may not qualify for “targeting” but come on people there has to be some type of ejection for intentionally trying to hurt opposing team’s players. That was so blatantly obvious the intent at the end of that play.

8. I am not expecting this team to win the Big 10, but this team is young, they are confident and appear to play well together. Let’s hope the running game continues to grow. (Would love an upset this year)

9. I think we will beat Auburn next week.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Lee’s penalty was so clearly 100% a terrible call, so bad and so wrong that one of the other officials should have overruled it.

I posted here on Sat that I hope one of Ohio’s trick plays shows up in one of our future game plans down-the-road.

IMHO Ohio’s #38 legitimately went high in the air while rushing / jumping to try to block the pass, he just had no place to come down when he came back down to earth. I honestly don’t think the player was attempting to target or hurt Allar…..unlike the week before when the Purdue player intentionally went after Clifford’s legs and survived via a no-call by our zebras. That player should have been ejected.

Reactions: NB4PSU

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
Totally correct. It was NOT a "crack back" block or a block in the back. The defender and Lee were face to face.

The N.C.A.A. has come up with a formal definition of a blindside block — "an open field block against an opponent that is initiated from outside the opponent’s field of vision"

The tv announcers (who saw it live) even said they disagreed with the call and that it's "football"

Last edited:

WDLion

Oct 12, 2021
Lee’s penalty was so clearly 100% a terrible call, so bad and so wrong that one of the other officials should have overruled it.

I posted here on Sat that I hope one of Ohio’s trick plays shows up in one of our future game plans down-the-road.

IMHO Ohio’s #38 legitimately went high in the air while rushing / jumping to try to block the pass, he just had no place to come down when he came back down to earth. I honestly don’t think the player was attempting to target or hurt Allar…..unlike the week before when the Purdue player intentionally went after Clifford’s legs and survived via a no-call by our zebras. That player should have been ejected.
I really liked our trick play.
QB under center, running back lined up eight yards in the backfield. Hand off to a running running back. 12 yard gain up the middle.

Countrylion

Oct 30, 2021
1. Defensive Line - I would have wished for more sacks. I am concerned about playing against a strong O-line and the possibility of not stopping their running game. Remember what Auburn did last year – ran at will against us. Commentators giving lots of love to our 2nd

3. Commentators Love Clifford and I think again he showed good leadership out there again. I think Allar throws a better deep ball (Just MHO)

4. PJ Mustipher – I didn’t hear much about his performance. Still may need some time to Gel!

5. Credit to Ohio’s defense when playing man to man tight coverage there was no one to throw to and it lead to some sacks. They had more sacks then we did!!!

6. Loved some of Ohio’s trick plays on Offense.

7. I was totally pissed on #38 Helmet attack on Allar. It may not qualify for “targeting” but come on people there has to be some type of ejection for intentionally trying to hurt opposing team’s players. That was so blatantly obvious the intent at the end of that play.

8. I am not expecting this team to win the Big 10, but this team is young, they are confident and appear to play well together. Let’s hope the running game continues to grow. (Would love an upset this year)

9. I think we will beat Auburn next week.
Illinois ran at will Auburn had 182 yards on 40 Carrys.
Good stats but not running at will.