National conspiracy?

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
As a unashamed, slightly overweight, lover of ice cream I've noticed a alarming trend of broken ice cream machines lately.
I know that most ice cream machines aren't really ice cream but it gives me my fix until I get the real thing. I've become more distressed recently as I wait in line only to find "our machine is still down ".
I'm not sure this is a national crisis yet, but it is quickly becoming one.
As a native Floridian (is that correct?) I can't seem to do without it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-224244_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-224244_Facebook.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 4

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
As a unashamed, slightly overweight, lover of ice cream I've noticed a alarming trend of broken ice cream machines lately.
I know that most ice cream machines aren't really ice cream but it gives me my fix until I get the real thing. I've become more distressed recently as I wait in line only to find "our machine is still down ".
You have machines that dispense ice cream on demand? What a country!

Reactions: 1vagamecock

Dizzy01

Joined Dec 29, 2018
Jan 23, 2022
I think there is a maintenance squabble where the machines are required to use "licensed" repairmen from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is getting rich quick off the scheme, and restaurants are balking at the cost of their monopoly.
It doesn’t help that their aren’t “licensed” repairmen in every part of the country either.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
I've noticed the same thing

funktavious

Joined Mar 20, 2002
Jan 31, 2022
I think sometimes it's just a matter of them not wanting to clean the machine. At least I think its that way with the frappe/smoothe machine at McDonalds.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I think sometimes it's just a matter of them not wanting to clean the machine. At least I think its that way with the frappe/smoothe machine at McDonalds.
I went to a new Arby's when the had the $1 floats. Every time I went the machine was down. Probably over a 4 month period.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Not that I have ever had ice cream at McDonalds, but if I were to get that kind of ice cream (not the real kind i.e. Bruster's), I think my first
choice would be