Need help with date/game of Beaver Stadium poster

whm5011

Sep 8, 2022
This is probably a long shot but I figured I'd ask if anybody might know the year and ideally the game of this Beaver Stadium poster? It was handed down to us from my wife's grandparents, who can't remember where they got it. It must be between 1991 and 2001 based on stadium renovations, right? Anybody familiar with the history of the Farm Department buildings in the background that might help with dating?

I can't find this poster online anywhere so I'm wondering if it was custom made. The only thing on the back is a sticker from Highland Laurel Gallery, a (now closed) custom framing shop in Beaver, PA.

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Beaver Stadium.png

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Have seen it many times, definitely 1991-1999, likely 1995-99 because I think the sign on the back of the scoreboard refers to the 1994 NYT national champs.

edit: may be closer to 1992-94 because there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of BJC construction. Sign on scoreboard too blurry to know for sure.

Last edited:

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Upper deck in North was completed for the 1991 season, the BJC(no construction present) broke ground in April 1993.

So based on that, this is either 1991 or 1992 season. If it was 1993 there would be construction in the bottom left of the poster and there are cars parked all over where it would start in April 1993.

• Love
Reactions: LionJim

jp3272

Dec 26, 2021
there's a giant sasquatch casting a shadow over the south side parking lot. definitely 2024.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
I thought you needed a date for a game. I would have needed to know what you are into, men/women, both, etc.
You would have needed to share a different picture.

whm5011

Sep 8, 2022
Have seen it many times, definitely 1991-1999, likely 1995-99 because I think the sign on the back of the scoreboard refers to the 1994 NYT national champs.

edit: may be closer to 1992-94 because there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of BJC construction. Sign on scoreboard too blurry to know for sure.
Ahhhh, I didn't think of BJC construction. Thanks! The sign behind the scoreboard references 1982 and 1986 national champions.

Upper deck in North was completed for the 1991 season, the BJC(no construction present) broke ground in April 1993.

So based on that, this is either 1991 or 1992 season. If it was 1993 there would be construction in the bottom left of the poster and there are cars parked all over where it would start in April 1993.
This is very helpful, thank you! This narrows it to 1991 or 1992. I looked up our home schedules those seasons but very hard to ID the other team based on colors, uniforms, etc. Too blurry. This will be good enough, thanks.

there's a giant sasquatch casting a shadow over the south side parking lot. definitely 2024.
:ROFLMAO:

I thought you needed a date for a game. I would have needed to know what you are into, men/women, both, etc.
You would have needed to share a different picture.
I now notice my phrasing would definitely lead you to think that :LOL:

Reactions: SleepyLion

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
To provide some more backup to what others are saying, I believe that they also added the Big Ten logo to the left side of the endzone when we entered the conference, and then transitioned to the "chipmunk" logo in that same spot in about 1995. So this would have been before that since there are no logos.

Reactions: jp3272

PSUFBFAN

Oct 7, 2021
This is probably a long shot but I figured I'd ask if anybody might know the year and ideally the game of this Beaver Stadium poster? It was handed down to us from my wife's grandparents, who can't remember where they got it. It must be between 1991 and 2001 based on stadium renovations, right? Anybody familiar with the history of the Farm Department buildings in the background that might help with dating?

I can't find this poster online anywhere so I'm wondering if it was custom made. The only thing on the back is a sticker from Highland Laurel Gallery, a (now closed) custom framing shop in Beaver, PA.

View attachment 578033
The trees are fully green - no change of color, so that means it is an early season game. The stadium is full, so we can narrow it down to three games:

Sept 7, 1991 - home opener against Cincinnati - lots of excitement (full stadium) as the team was ranked #5 and beat GT in the kickoff classic the prior week.

(The BYU game that year was at night, so that rules out 9/21/91 and the next home game on 9/28/01 would have had some changes to the trees coloration).

Sept 12, 1992 - home opener against Temple - maybe
Sept 19, 1992 - Eastern Michigan - maybe
Sept 26, 1992 - Maryland - trees would have been showing some color by then.

My vote is the 9/7/91 game.

Last edited:

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
I'd lean towards it being that opening game of the 91 season because it was the first game with the new upper deck and you know all the marketers and promotions people wanted to get as many aerials of the stadium showing the upper deck as possible.

NoSoup4U

Oct 14, 2021
I'd lean towards it being that opening game of the 91 season because it was the first game with the new upper deck and you know all the marketers and promotions people wanted to get as many aerials of the stadium showing the upper deck as possible.
would agree this is the 1991 season for that reason

whm5011

Sep 8, 2022
Fantastic analysis! Thank you everybody for your input....I think we have reached a conclusion: it's the Sept 7, 1991 game vs Cincinnati!

I looked a little closer at the people on the sidelines and noticed the away team coaches are wearing red shirts and black pants. Cincinnati colors. Conveniently, there is some video footage of the game on YouTube that show the Cincy sideline with coaches wearing red shirts and black pants. Confirmation!

View attachment 578417

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

View attachment 578033
If you can see me smoking meat by the blue tower it is 1993!

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Fantastic analysis! Thank you everybody for your input....I think we have reached a conclusion: it's the Sept 7, 1991 game vs Cincinnati!

I looked a little closer at the people on the sidelines and noticed the away team coaches are wearing red shirts and black pants. Cincinnati colors. Conveniently, there is some video footage of the game on YouTube that show the Cincy sideline with coaches wearing red shirts and black pants. Confirmation!

View attachment 578417
This all has been freaking impressive, this display of memory and passion. Wow. Appreciated.