New basball caps?

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
http://www.leftfieldlounge.com/2008/Media/MSUvsAirForceG2/airforce_g2_006_cr.jpg

</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
8Dog said:
At least when we were mediocre in the early 2000s

Ah, the myth of the McMahon mediocrity. In his four years:

1 - CWS
2 - regional final
3 - super regional
4 - super regional

Polk has never in his career had 4 years in a row that good. And yeah, we did have the best looking uniforms in the country those years. </p>

norman.sixpack

Jun 5, 2007
super, now we are losing to 2-7 teams, screw last years CWS, Polk needs to hang em up. Hopefully, Byrne has the stones to do it.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I'm worried that with a combination of the CWS run last year, an AD switch, and now a new President coming in, that we might be stuck with the bastard for another year.

Our only hope is that the cigar boys pull the plug on The Legend.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
the early 2000s encompassed more than Mac 00 and Mac 01.

I'll give it to Mac, his accomplishments are nice, but he had the program going nowhere. He was 0-4 in his 4 super regional games, none of which were decided by fewer than 5 runs. His CWS was a result of the only good thing Polk has done in the last 10 years, sign one dynamite recruiting class that led us to 2 straight CWS. As I like to say, he didn't have us nationally competitive. Im glad he is gone and so is Florida.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
The thing about Mac was I got the impression that a lot of our fans never quite accepted him fully. A lot of people gave him a pass because he was the guy Polk picked, but I still don't think a lot of people were all that crazy about him. By the time he finally did something meaningful in 2001, he left.

But I do agree, I don't think he was really going to take our program anywhere more than what he had already done.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He has us a hell of a lot more competitive than Polk has since 1990. I'd much rather be going on the road and losing in super regionals than going on the road and losing in regionals. And yeah, I know Polk won a super regional last year, but if you want to see a program going nowhere, just look at ours since Polk returned.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I should've added the part "of course, this is until I learned a whole new level of mediocrity."

But still, glad Mac is gone. Just too bad we settled when hiring his replacement.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
We really did have a golden opportunity to take our program to the next level when Mac left, and we pissed it away and in the process severely tarnished the reputation of our most successful coach in MSU history.

Had Polk not come back, he would still be revered and would have left on top. Now, he is likely to go out a loser.

patdog

May 28, 2007
8Dog said:
Just too bad we settled when hiring his replacement.

I agree completely. We had a chance to make a bold hire and build the program above where Mac had it. Instead, we made the "safe" hire. The day we re-hired Polk I told a friend of mine that I hoped I was wrong but I thought he would wind up tarnishing his legacy at MSU. He'd done a pretty good job of that throughout most of the 90s, but then got us back in the CWS in his final year and left the program in good shape for the next coach. He should have left it at that.</p>

Aychar

Mar 3, 2008
It's the headline of that story:

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td> <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="arttitle" width="300">"MSU Baseball Rally Falls Short Against Arkansas-Little Rock "

Just a reminder: not only did we lose, but we had to "RALLY" to even get close...</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Yurp. </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>