Next two games

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
the next two games on the schedule really point out the need for the 1-0 mentality. They really need to forget Auburn and get to business.

Looking at CMU, this team has many strengths and will be much tougher test than Ohio was. QB and 2 RBs in all MAC and a strong OL with everyone back from last year. RB's rated by Phil Steele #8 in country. This run game might be better than Auburn. They have #1 punter in MAC. This team lost to Oklahoma State by 14 on the road, and forced a shoot out win by OSU. 58-44.

NW is always tough out.

Need focus which so far has been there in every game. OU sacked us 6 times, and CMU is better than OU on DEF. I imagine we will be a sizable favorite over CMU and expect they will be ready to play their best game.

hope we are not thinking about UMich game.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
the next two games on the schedule really point out the need for the 1-0 mentality. They really need to forget Auburn and get to business.

Looking at CMU, this team has many strengths and will be much tougher test than Ohio was. QB and 2 RBs in all MAC and a strong OL with everyone back from last year. RB's rated by Phil Steele #8 in country. This run game might be better than Auburn. They have #1 punter in MAC. This team lost to Oklahoma State by 14 on the road, and forced a shoot out win by OSU. 58-44.

NW is always tough out.

Need focus which so far has been there in every game. OU sacked us 6 times, and CMU is better than OU on DEF. I imagine we will be a sizable favorite over CMU and expect they will be ready to play their best game.

Agree with you, now that I'm off my sugar high from the big win yesterday. Hope the team stays well grounded and focused. As an old coach once said, "You're never as good as you think you are when you win, or as bad when you lose."

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Central Michigan is led by former Bama/Saban OC, and Florida and Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain. With the exception of some wacky stuff at Florida, he really seems to be a solid, respected coach.

Reactions: Bob78

Countrylion

Oct 30, 2021

NW is always tough out.

Ok a couple things the Okie State game was never close 22 points for CMU in the fourth. Also CMU lost by two touchdowns to South Alabama at home. So yes the team needs to concentrate on each team week by week but CMU does leave a little room for error.

Reactions: Bison13

Whart

Oct 8, 2021

NW is always tough out.

I have a fairly unique perspective as I actually was a guest at the recent OKST and CMU game at Boone Pickens Stadium at OKST.The QB for CMU is legit and can sling the ball with ease and accuracy. OKST clobbered them in the first half….got up big….but took their foot off the accelerator and let CMU make it quite closer. Our Squad has to be ready for a track meet. We have superior talent at several key positions but we sure as hell need to be ready to play and not look past these guys.

wolve1972

Oct 7, 2021
The next two games and then Jim and his Big Blue Death Star. Probably the deepest and most powerful Michigan team in decades.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Agree with you, now that I'm off my sugar high from the big win yesterday. Hope the team stays well grounded and focused. As an old coach once said, "You're never as good as you think you are when you win, or as bad when you lose."

Under Franklin, it’s, “You’re never as good as you think you are when you win, and you’re much worse than you think you are when you lose.”

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
It really doesn’t matter what we’re thinking about, none of us are playing.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
I'm not sure which team you have been watching. Youth and all, but this team seems pretty focused. Yes there is some young guys out there, but they are DUDES and the team seems focused.

Reactions: Midnighter

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Yeah, he’s playacting. Speaking for myself, his schtick got old long, long ago, but still he persists.
Right. I don’t find it particularly amusing anymore (I did at one time) but it’s not like he’s trying to be tricky about it.

Reactions: LionJim

gogolion

Oct 12, 2021
FWIW, I saw a "Bottom 25" list yesterday and both CMU and NW were on it. Just sayin...

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
FWIW, I saw a "Bottom 25" list yesterday and both CMU and NW were on it. Just sayin...
Hopefully the team isn't reading that list. I can't stand when we play down to the competition and create opportunities for losses. Comfortable leads that can continue to get reps for our young players, particularly Allar, will continue to be very valuable.

Reactions: lj4heisman1

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
CJF's "1-0" mantra is repeated ad nauseum to the team and staff every week. If the team is not focused solely on the upcoming opponent throughout their week of practice and film, and they are reading and absorbing what is said on message boards and in the media, then the coaches and Captains are not getting the message through to them.
Outsiders can say whatever, but when the team and coaches break down the film, they have the info they need on the skills and quality of the opponent, regardless of what any outsiders may think.

I/We can talk about Michigan or Northwestern or the Rose Bowl all we want on here at any time, and if it has a negative impact on the team's performance vs. CMU, shame on the team and staff. I have no contact with anyone from the team or staff, but if I did and I tried to talk with them about Michigan or the Rose Bowl, I would expect they would know to shut down that conversation in a half a second.

It's part of the mental aspect of game prep that has been taught for decades, at every level, so thinking the team might have trouble focusing on CMU is, in a sense, disrespectful of the level of athletic maturity we should expect to have at PSU. Maybe other teams who have lower expectations, coming off an upset or something, but if we have more than a couple young players who are buying outside hype at this point, we will get what we deserve. And it ain't the fault of Joe and Joan HyperFan.

It's merely a superstition to ask the fans to not discuss anything but the next opponent.
Just my opinion and all....

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
I thought we overlooked Illinois last year, in fact, considering our coaching staff was recruiting that week we almost certainly did overlook them. This team looks focused, athletic, and confident, I suspect we learned from that experience.

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Any team that can carry a 7-0 lead on Bucknell into halftime is no joke.

Reactions: Bob78