Nobody gonna talk about the Reid - Kelce thing?

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
And what was that in the interview? Dude's unhinged.

Yeah, it was definitely not a good look and if I was Reid I would address it (for lack of better words), "Swiftly". I understand things happening in the heat of the moment but he was bitching because he wasn't getting the ball. He should've been directing his frustration towards his BFF, Mahomes, not Reid.

Last edited:

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
What is there to talk about? He ran into the coach who wasn't bothered by it. Didn't see the interview but have seen enough of him to know that he's very much working on his brand as his playing days wind down. McAfee seems to be his model, as if we needed another blowhard douchebag like him.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
What is there to talk about? He ran into the coach who wasn't bothered by it. Didn't see the interview but have seen enough of him to know that he's very much working on his brand as his playing days wind down. McAfee seems to be his model, as if we needed another blowhard douchebag like him.

Yeah, he ran into him hard enough to almost knock him off his feet and I'm guessing Andy is easily 300 pounds.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He was frustrated because Reid took him out for a play, and his substitute missed the block that caused the fumble. It was all heat of the moment, and it's getting blown way out of proportion imo
^ Somebody understands what it's like on the sideline at a critical moment.

That was probably a play that Kelce had usually run and he was just letting Andy know his displeasure at the results. Reid didn't seem to mind.

Or maybe Reid said "go play with your little Biden-loving girl friend, you pro-vax POS" under his breath.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He was frustrated because Reid took him out for a play, and his substitute missed the block that caused the fumble. It was all heat of the moment, and it's getting blown way out of proportion imo
Do you think Ried took him out? Likely an assistant is in charge of personnel groupings during play based on packages, down and distance, predetermined substitution schedules, etc.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
LOL Me thinks some sort of "performance enhancing" supplement was involved . The give away was the smoke shooting out of his ears.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It's called roid rage

Roid Rage Muscles GIF by POLARIS by MAKER

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It’s nothing.

I’ve seen worse at high school football games.

Only reason it got attention is that there are lots of press coverage and cameras.

Reactions: AFDawg

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I would have benched him if I were Reid, but with the ridiculous salaries and celebrity status assigned to players these days the tail wags the dog. I’d have also told Chris Jones to go deal with him at halftime.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Sidelines are not for the weak kneed, but that was out there.
I still don't know what that was he said on the stage, post game. Head shaker.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Do you think Ried took him out? Likely an assistant is in charge of personnel groupings during play based on packages, down and distance, predetermined substitution schedules, etc.
That's true, they had a pretty good rotation on offense to try and keep people fresh, but maybe keep your best players in the game in the redzone. That fumble was the only reason this game was close

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Sidelines are not for the weak kneed, but that was out there.
I still don't know what that was he said on the stage, post game. Head shaker.
That's literally the only time I've heard him speak, outside of a State Farm commercial. Many others like me I'm sure. He did not make the most of the moment.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I would have benched him if I were Reid, but with the ridiculous salaries and celebrity status assigned to players these days the tail wags the dog. I’d have also told Chris Jones to go deal with him at halftime.
Oh, Chris Jones, the guy who sat out the first game of the year and watched his team lose largely because of it?

And to clarify, I'm not picking on Chris Jones, Bottom line, it's the NFL. Coaches don't have the power. The front office is who deals with this sort of thing. What is Reid gonna do, beat him up? His job is to call the plays, and he did. This whole 'commanding respect' is what college coaches do, that's what makes the leagues different. It's the management's job to figure out the calculus of what works and what they will put up with.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
If you think sitting out game 1 due to a contract issue is equivalent to physical contact with the HC not quite sure it will sink in on you, but the HC and the rest of the coaching staff deserve respect and noodle arms crossed the line.

Reactions: mcdawg22

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think he's a great player. I also think he's a great big dick. You can be both in the NFL. It's a little easier in the WWE, but I think he can pull it off in the NFL.
Think he can? I think he's already proven that.

And it helps when your girlfriend is bringing in millions for the league in exposure.

I do wish he'd be a little less of a dick though.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
While Andy has been through a lot of things worse as a coach, Kelce does need to take it down a notch or two.....or a hundred.

Last edited:

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
^ Somebody understands what it's like on the sideline at a critical moment.

That was probably a play that Kelce had usually run and he was just letting Andy know his displeasure at the results. Reid didn't seem to mind.

Or maybe Reid said "go play with your little Biden-loving girl friend, you pro-vax POS" under his breath.
and "go drink a bud light"

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
You would never do either one of those things.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
You would never do either one of those things.
Yeah. You don’t bench your stars unless it’s something really serious. And that wasn’t. I think it looked a lot worse than it really was. And it really didn’t look all that bad.

Hailstate96

Nov 16, 2023
Yeah, it was definitely not a good look and if I was Reid I would address it (for lack of better words), "Swiftly". I understand things happening in the heat of the moment but he was bitching because he wasn't getting the ball. He should've been directing his frustration towards his BFF, Mahomes, not Reid.
Reid did address it. He said “that boy keeps me on my toes that’s for sure” and he was laughing about it. If he’s unbothered, you should be too.