Notes from an Aubie….

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
Greetings from the smoldering South. Some of you may remember me as Kellerdog on the Rivals board. Enjoyed the banter last year, had a blast in State College. Hated that L, but as I get older having a good time > than a win. Expect great southern hospitality this weekend. Auburn has trolls and ******** like every other school, but I think that you will find it pretty different than most SEC venues. I wish it was a night game, Jordan Hare at night is electric. On to our strengths /weaknesses.
Weaknesses: QB, and that’s no secret. Finley is a really good kid, but lacks in game awareness. Ashford is a great runner, frankly should play WR. Calzada has been a huge disappointment, but he may still be injured.
OL: 5 veterans that have sucked since they got to AU
DC coaching: we have good DB’s that play soft off of the LOS. Maybe have been playing vanilla, dunno.
Strengths: RB room is full of studs
WR: Coach Ike Hilliard is killing it this year. Recruiting lights out and really making a huge difference on the field. Just need a QB that can deliver…
DL: Really good depth
Good not great: LB /DB/TE. Not sure I can judge them off of the 2 cupcakes that we’ve played. Saturday is a VERY big game for the program. Not only for the season, but for the HC future. I happen to really like Harsin, it’s tough being an AU fan…

Hope those that go have a great time, and an excruciating L….

WDE

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Enjoyed the game week conversations with you last year. Welcome back to the new board. I'll try to provide a little something about our boys in turn.

Offense

QB: Clifford 6th year QB that is streaky and inconsistent. Holds onto the ball too long. 5* TR FR waiting in the wings and of course is a fan favorite.

RB: 2 TR FR are the most talented. Look for Gatorade POY Singleton to get majority of snaps. He's strong and fast. Still bounces to the outside a lot.

OL: Too early to tell. I think they're better than last year's OL but that isn't saying much. Having better RBs is a plus for them.

WR: Overall a talented group but without a HR kid like Dotson was for us last year. Franklin has been giving a lot of kids a shot, trying to find a solid 3rd WR.

Defense

DL: Our best DEs are young but very talented. Still a work in progress. In the middle we have Mustipher, who is less than a year removed from a knee but he is our force up the middle.

LB: Smaller and quicker than your traditional LBs. Franklin has opted to turn HS Safeties into LBs for more athleticism. Could be an issue late if your boys can wear us down.

DB: Strongest unit on the team. NFL talent at CB and Safety. Diaz has no problem putting these guys on an island. Porter may be the 1st CB in the Draft. He is prone to the occasional PI call because he is so physical and is so good at staying on the WR.

ST: Punter has been a very pleasant surprise and better than I think most expected. Can't really evaluate the PK due to lack of opportunities other than extra points, to which he missed 1. In the past he's been decent under 40 but inconsistent over 40.

Coaching: I like Franklin. Great recruiter. On paper, only O$U has more talent in the B1G. However, I will admit he has made some questionable decisions in the past. He could learn a thing or 2 about field position and clock management by watching some old Paterno Era film. Having said that, this is the most talented staff we've had during the Franklin era, if not all-time.

That's my take.

WE ARE!!

Last edited:

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
Enjoyed the game week conversations with you last year. Welcome back to the new board. I'll try to provide a little something about our boys in turn.

Offense

QB: Clifford 6th year QB that is streaky and inconsistent. Holds onto the ball too long. 5* TR FR waiting in the wings and of course is a fan favorite.

RB: 2 TR FR are the most talented. Look for Gatorade POY Singleton to get majority of snaps. He's strong and fast. Still bounces to the outside a lot.

OL: Too early to tell. I think they're better than last year's OL but that isn't saying much. Having better RBs is a plus for them.

WR: Overall a talented group but without a HR kid like Dotson was for us last year. Franklin has been giving a lot of kids a shot, trying to find a solid 3rd WR.

Defense

DL: Our best DEs are young but very talented. Still a work in progress. In the middle we have Mustipher, who is less than a year removed from a knee but he is our force up the middle.

LB: Smaller and quicker than your traditional LBs. Franklin has opted to turn HS Safeties into LBs for more athleticism. Could be an issue late if your boys can wear us down.

DB: Strongest unit on the team. NFL talent at CB and Safety. Diaz has no problem putting these guys on an island. Porter may be the 1st CB in the Draft. He is prone to the occasional PI call because he is so physical and is so good at staying on the WR.

ST: Punter has been a very pleasant surprise and better than I think most expected. Can't really evaluate the PK due to lack of opportunities other than extra points, to which he missed 1. In the past he's been decent under 40 but inconsistent over 40.

Coaching: I like Franklin but I will admit he has made some questionable decisions in the past. Having said that, this is the most talented staff we've had during the Franklin era, if not all-time.

That's my take.

WE ARE!!
I have an extra ducat. It’s a great seat, but it ain’t cheap. Section 31 Row 22. It will be with the 3 Coyotes….

Reactions: LionsAndBears

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
BTW. The Coyote Clan is staying at the Marriott in Columbus with the rest of the Poors. Hard to beat $95/night. Hit me me up if you wanna drink, or get throat punched…

J/K of course

Last edited: