Notre Dame QB to the Portal

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Starting QB, Drew Pyne, who went 8-2 as a starters has entered the portal. Probably the most likely bowl opponent at this point. Noteworthy.

Reactions: GarnetAchilles

Yemacock

Joined Apr 6, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Starting QB, Drew Pyne, who went 8-2 as a starters has entered the portal. Probably the most likely bowl opponent at this point. Noteworthy.
Are you sure this is noteworthy? Newsworthy is a better word. I would love it if he had a legitimate reason to know that.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Are you sure this is noteworthy? Newsworthy is a better word. I would love it if he had a legitimate reason to know that.
It’s noteworthy. It’s certainly interesting considering we might play them. Make a note in case we play them in the bowl. If not, I don’t care. So not newsworthy to me.

But hey, if trying to manage people’s use of words on a message board is your thing…have at it.

Last edited:

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Quitter! Beamer would never consider him and our fans wouldn't pull for a quitter! 😃

Hoganman1

Nov 28, 2022
So if he enters the portal can he play in the bowl game (assuming no team signs him prior to the bowl)?

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
I just don’t get it. How do you talk about going to ND as one of your proudest moments (which I fully understand), be the starter, then walk away? You are a starter at ND. Chances are you will be the starter next year at ND. You have a legit shot at the playoffs because you play at ND (mainly because ND is a media darling). You are getting an education from ND. Yet, you walk away. I’m not a ND fan, but unless there is something we don’t know, I wouldn’t walk away.

I’d bet he is looking to the highest bidder.

Dec 2, 2022
I just don’t get it. How do you talk about going to ND as one of your proudest moments (which I fully understand), be the starter, then walk away? You are a starter at ND. Chances are you will be the starter next year at ND. You have a legit shot at the playoffs because you play at ND (mainly because ND is a media darling). You are getting an education from ND. Yet, you walk away. I’m not a ND fan, but unless there is something we don’t know, I wouldn’t walk away.

I’d bet he is looking to the highest bidder.
Chances were he would not be the starter next year. He only started once the first string QB was injured, and he was average at best. ND is full of talent on offense and Drew Pyne was the reason they lost to Stanford, and I was there to watch his dismal performance. So with the season starter back next year, a good freshman in the que, and a good incoming freshman (commitment), he likely would have been the backup and knew it. On the small side, not a duel threat runner, and tentative in the pocket…. It will be interesting to me if the bowl is us and them since I’m a USC grad and our son is at ND.

Reactions: ToddFlanders

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Well, I don’t know how it all works but Ohio State is going to be in the playoff now. According to Heath Cline, that means we’ll play FSU, Purdue, or Illinois more than likely.

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Right now it is a little note.
If we play ND it would be newsworthy to us.
But IMO, not much is newsworthy. I have high standards for what "news" really should include.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Chances were he would not be the starter next year. He only started once the first string QB was injured, and he was average at best. ND is full of talent on offense and Drew Pyne was the reason they lost to Stanford, and I was there to watch his dismal performance. So with the season starter back next year, a good freshman in the que, and a good incoming freshman (commitment), he likely would have been the backup and knew it. On the small side, not a duel threat runner, and tentative in the pocket…. It will be interesting to me if the bowl is us and them since I’m a USC grad and our son is at ND.
Maybe he starts, maybe he doesn’t. Hard to discount his body of work over the course of the year. I’ll bet it isn’t for sure he wouldn’t be the starter.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
We need ol, dl, lb, and a power rb from the portal more than a qb.
I don’t think anybody is talking about getting him. At the time this was announced, Notre Dame was considered our most likely bowl opponent. That’s why it was posted. Since then, SoCal has lost putting Ohio St in the playoff basically making this not noteworthy anymore unless you hate Notre Dame.