*****OFFICIAL***** Evan James/Braeden Jackson thread *****

RagnarLothbrok

Heisman
Jun 11, 2025
6,444
16,939
113
Jackson is FAST but tiny.
thats what she said the office night GIF by Kane County Cougars
 

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
2,936
4,368
113
Whatever you may think about James as a WR (I think he's fine) ... HE IS DEFINITELY THE GUY I WANT RETURNING PUNTS and kicks.

I also think Jackson needs more touches also.

Where do you stand?
James looked very confident fielding punts, very clean catches and he ran away from at least one punt he could not get to. And he is a very good receiver.

Jackson looks very good. X W looked very good as did the other running backs
 
  • Like
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Franisdaman

Heisman
Nov 3, 2012
17,486
27,047
113
Whatever you may think about James as a WR (I think he's fine) ... HE IS DEFINITELY THE GUY I WANT RETURNING PUNTS and kicks.

I also think Jackson needs more touches also.

Where do you stand?


Well, here's where the coaches stand.

The full text of the tweet:

Terrific in-depth answer today by Iowa RBs coach Jay Norvell off my question about whether we'll see more Braeden Jackson after the walk-on from Ankeny Centennial dazzled with 149 yards and 2 TDs on 12 touches vs. UNI.

“I don’t think that’s a mystery to any of us coaches what Braeden Jackson did last weekend. We’ve seen him in practice do it, and he carried that over to the game.

He’s a very smart kid. Probably his best play of the game was (one) nobody even noticed, except us coaches. They were corner-blitzing from the field, and that’s a blitz you don’t pick up very often unless you’re really paying attention. And Braeden showed a lot of maturity … for him to pick that blitz up and keep the quarterback clean showed a lot of attention to detail.

If you have that kind of attention to detail and the ability that Braeden Jackson has, you’re going to play. So, I would expect to see 22 the rest of the season.”




 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawkosx and Sabula
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Ranking the top 25 players Iowa WBB will face during the 2026-27 season
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Tracking where Iowa's recruits play this week
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Ohio State's starters as recruits
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Iowa's starters as recruits
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Recruit Visits: Five-stars flood College Station, Starkville leads a loaded recruiting Saturday in week five