Only 7 Guys played Today

RUDave_01

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2002
1,769
2,068
113
Agreed... it's hard to win when that's the case. Ironically, while playing only seven, they played a decent game. if we hit a few more of our open threes, this game would have been really interesting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RUMountie

shields

Heisman
Aug 5, 2002
80,156
18,110
113
It is Eddie's fault that two 6'10" guys got hurt? Geez and I realize that he recruited Goode but c'mon. And Laurent had a concussion when Lewis hit him in a game, that is the fault of Eddie too?
 

ruman

All-American
Nov 30, 2001
12,606
9,400
98
It is Eddie's fault that two 6'10" guys got hurt? Geez and I realize that he recruited Goode but c'mon. And Laurent had a concussion when Lewis hit him in a game, that is the fault of Eddie too?
2 scholarships with zero production. Yes that's his fault. And I'm not counting Johnson. Etou did not get replaced and Goode can't play at this level. If he managed the roster nine guys would be playing
 
  • Like
Reactions: ColonelRutgers

shields

Heisman
Aug 5, 2002
80,156
18,110
113
Still 7 players and even if Goode could play a little they have no size. And I have heard doorson is a project but Lewis would not have to play 30 minutes a game. Can't win with 7 kids.
 

ruman

All-American
Nov 30, 2001
12,606
9,400
98
2 scholarships with zero production. Yes that's his fault. And I'm not counting Johnson. Etou did not get replaced and Goode can't play at this level
Still 7 players and even if Goode could play a little they have no size. And I have heard doorson is a project but Lewis would not have to play 30 minutes a game. Can't win with 7 kids.
a good coach would be nine deep, even with these injuries
 

willisneverrana43

All-American
Jul 26, 2001
11,059
7,040
113
Lose 2 bad players and a good one and then you start getting walloped more than you had before. That's's not putting together a good roster in a number of ways.

But, hey, once again, those injuries are Eddie's only chance.
 

rufeelinit

All-Conference
May 16, 2010
12,647
4,351
0
I am trying to figure out if the chances of EJ being retained via the injury card are increasing or decreasing with each mounting loss. You would think decreasing but having watched a decent amount of yesterday's game, I did not see much to be overly critical of. Certain players like Daniels just don't seem to be improving as he continues to dribble into trouble with no plan on how to get out of it. I still think that Doorson and Diallo do not make a significant difference other than perhaps not allowing a couple of second and third chances for the opponent. Freeman is the wild card with regard to his individual stats against more athletic B!G teams. I also have to admit, that I am not overly impressed with the quality of B1G play this year. Some good teams but the mid to bottom seems mediocre.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  4. 04 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  5. 05 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4