OT: A problem with streaming movies is that the cringe makes you Pause.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
No way I can get through Joker or Uncut Gems outside a theater. I had cataract surgery the other day, on orders to take it easy, and the wife is working the Thrift Store, thought I’d try Uncut Gems. I quit at the point KG brings back the opal and the Sandler character can’t buzz him into the jewelry shop. Cut, I’m done, just too cringe. There had already been two Cringe Hall of Fame incidents at this point in the film, a lifetime’s worth of cringe in forty minutes, f I had enough.

In a theater, you’re captive.

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
No way I can get through Joker or Uncut Gems outside a theater. I had cataract surgery the other day, on orders to take it easy, and the wife is working the Thrift Store, thought I’d try Uncut Gems. I quit at the point KG brings back the opal and the Sandler character can’t buzz him into the jewelry shop. Cut, I’m done, just too cringe. There had already been two Cringe Hall of Fame incidents at this point in the film, a lifetime’s worth of cringe in forty minutes, f I had enough.

In a theater, you’re captive.

You can always walk out of a theater too (have only ever done this once). As I get older (50 this year), I have less interest in anti-heros as main characters - I need someone to root for, you know? Even with Shogun, I only care about Mariko and Fuji; everyone else can die.

Reactions: LionJim

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
You can always walk out of a theater too (have only ever done this once). As I get older (50 this year), I have less interest in anti-heros as main characters - I need someone to root for, you know? Even with Shogun, I only care about Mariko and Fuji; everyone else can die.
I walked out of the movie The Birdcage. It was just not that funny.