OT: Auburn dumps UA after 18 year for Nike

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Don't some of our fans want us to ditch UA? I'm not sure what difference it really makes.

Feb 24, 2024
I prefer Nike for many reasons. Their clothing fits me better. Their fabrics are more comfortable. And the portfolio they offer for the University of Texas is amazing. I wear very little Texas fan gear as I'm first and foremost a Gamecock, but the designs and choices that the Horns have through Nike make me jealous.

I'm no longer a competitive athlete so I can only credibly speak on the fan gear use case 😂

But yes, I wish the Gamecocks wore Nike.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
I bought stock in UA back when it was an up and coming brand for like 100 per share. It split, so my per share basis is now around 50 per share. Today, it's worth around 6 per share! I held on too long, so I just gotta wait. At this point, I need UA to invent some proprietary shoe that makes you run faster, jump higher, and hit a little white ball further. 🤣

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I bought stock in UA back when it was an up and coming brand for like 100 per share. It split, so my per share basis is now around 50 per share. Today, it's worth around 6 per share! I held on too long, so I just gotta wait. At this point, I need UA to invent some proprietary shoe that makes you run faster, jump higher, and hit a little white ball further. 🤣
UA is becoming a Football only brand. Everyone thought it would take off after they signed Steph Curry, but they just didn't make good shoes for him and they are not very durable. My son's favorite player is Steph Curry and he even stopped wearing them after 1 pair. Just didn't hold up well on the basketball court.

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
If you take the time to read my post, I clearly disclaim(sic) that I can only speak to the fan gear use case...
The university's choice of the athletic gear provider should be based upon the athletes' preference (and monetary contribution). Not how it fits your rotund middle age body at a tailgating party.

Adults wearing athletic gear is off-putting -- let your middle school children wear it.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Who gives a f*ck how a company's gear fits YOU? Poll the players.

The university's choice of the athletic gear provider should be based upon the athletes' preference (and monetary contribution). Not how it fits your rotund middle age body at a tailgating party.

Adults wearing athletic gear is off-putting -- let your middle school children wear it.

Pretty bad takes. Universities get royalties from apparel sales. It's a $5 billion industry.

Latest posts