OT: Savannah Bananas MLB Stadium Debut - SOLD OUT Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas [youtube video]

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I priced tickets for the Bananas in Miami in October. Well over $200/seat for SRO. They sure didn't have any problem selling out Minute Maid Park.

Edit - I've watched plenty of Banana Ball the last couple of years and as a guy who despises the DH, I love it. What's not to love? They turned walks into exciting plays.

Last edited:

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Like the Globetrotters, they seem like they would be fun to see once. Twice, not so much. For $200 SRO, Jesus better be playing Left, Center, and Right Field.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Like the Globetrotters, they seem like they would be fun to see once. Twice, not so much. For $200 SRO, Jesus better be playing Left, Center, and Right Field.
I agree, but I think there are things MLB can learn from them. Bill Veeck would have loved them.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Is there anything here you would (in any portion, or variance of) like to see applied to MLB rules?:

I think some could be incorporated in some way. I love #3, #5, and #7. But the one I love the most would change the game the most, and that would be #6. When the count hits 3 balls, now you have to think about how you're going to get your touch, while still playing defense.

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
I was in a lottery to get tickets to see them when they come to Durham this spring, but didn't get them. I would go see them once.

Reactions: MtNittany

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021
We saw them last year in Scottsdale. Once was enough for me. Definitely the Harlem Globetrotters on a diamond.
Fun family entertainment. The players stick around afterwards for pics and autographs.

No way I’d pay $200 per ticket for them.

Reactions: DaytonRickster

Latest posts