OT where do you stay in Los Angeles?

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
I love the Beverly Hills Hotel, but they don't like when I pull up in my Chevy Nova. It's admittedly pricey, but I'm not paying.😉

I usually like staying near the UCLA campus along Wilshire Blvd because it is so darned convenient to everything and was safe (or at least used to be). This place used to be outstanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
We usually stay in Hermosa but we’re gonna try downtown this trip. Any hotel pro tips?
LSHF: If you really intend on staying in downtown L.A., my recommendation would be the Biltmore (aka the Millennium Biltmore). I have stayed there on several occasions. It is a venerable old hotel with really beautiful architecture and public areas. The downside is that Pershing Square is just across the street, and it can get a bit seedy there. The area east of Pershing Square is heavily Latino. There are, however, some really cool restaurants if you are out and about during the day and are up for walking around a bit.

CaliLion79

Oct 8, 2021
In all seriousness - as someone who lives in a section-offed private security area of dtown LA (Arts District) - don't stay in downtown LA if you're bringing any kids or gf or spouse. If it's you and your boys and you're here for the game, then yeah go for it. But it's legit Zombieland down here. And it can't be avoided. The Biltmore Hotel that a previous poster talked about has become really 'low-rent' even though it's still architectually beautiful. Stay by the beaches. The good news is that there's a great safe train service that drops you off right at the coliseum, so you don't HAVE to rent a car.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
In all seriousness - as someone who lives in a section-offed private security area of dtown LA (Arts District) - don't stay in downtown LA if you're bringing any kids or gf or spouse. If it's you and your boys and you're here for the game, then yeah go for it. But it's legit Zombieland down here. And it can't be avoided. The Biltmore Hotel that a previous poster talked about has become really 'low-rent' even though it's still architectually beautiful. Stay by the beaches. The good news is that there's a great safe train service that drops you off right at the coliseum, so you don't HAVE to rent a car.
Yeah son 1 is in echo, moms HATES the walk to dodger stadium, I think it’s great fun. But thx for your tip.

Reactions: CaliLion79

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah son 1 is in echo, moms HATES the walk to dodger stadium, I think it’s great fun. But thx for your tip.
LSHF: Echo Park is not the best place to park your car on the street, especially if you leave anything on the seats inside the car. But it has its attractions. Some great restaurants and bars, and some great homes tucked into the hills and valleys there. There is a very good Spanish restaurant there called El Cid. If you like flamenco music and dance performance, it is even better. I have gotten drunk there on several occasions.

• Love

Latest posts