Our joke of a floor coach

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
is ranked the 24th best coact in college basketball

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/viewcbse.asp

Also, three starters (Gordon #2, Rhodes #11, and Varnado #22) are ranked among the top 25 players in the nation at their position.

Love the yuku - RSS is going to come in handy on the Blackberry during meetings.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
is ranked the 24th best coact in college basketball

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/viewcbse.asp

Also, three starters (Gordon #2, Rhodes #11, and Varnado #22) are ranked among the top 25 players in the nation at their position.

Love the yuku - RSS is going to come in handy on the Blackberry during meetings.

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006
Not to mention, Gordon is good, but number 2? I'd probably take Lawson, Collison, and Rose above him.</p>

DancingRabbit

Mar 3, 2008
ranked higher? Seems about right to me.

I agree on Gordon, and Varnado might be ranked a bit low. We will see in tourney play, but generally centers are supposed to rebound and protect the paint - Jarvis has done that pretty well.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
24th out of 332? That's not exactly chopped liver. I could live with having a coach that is in the top 7-ish% of all coaches, were those rankings gospel. I didn't see your guy on there, either.

Fletch Fletcher

Sep 25, 2006
Although I'm a big fan of Stans, I find it hard to put much stock in a list that has Coach K that low. I guess that list only takes into account this season, but still.... there's just something about seeing Bruce Pearl, Bill Self, Ben Howland, etc being listed as a better coach than Kryzewski that doesn't look right, not matter what season.

Fletch Fletcher

Sep 25, 2006
800 wins, 10 ACC Titles, 3 National Titles, 10 Final Fours. That's impressive reguardless of how many calls you believe Coach K gets. Besides, part of being a coach is working the refs in order to get calls, right?

patdog

May 28, 2007
They're a ranking of how a coach is doing this year. Coach K may or may not be ranked too low based on that criteria, but if he's ranked too low it's not by much.

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
MSUCostanza said:
24th out of 332? That's not exactly chopped liver. I could live with having a coach that is in the top 7-ish% of all coaches, were those rankings gospel. I didn't see your guy on there, either.

</p>It's obvious Stans should be ranked 332md on that list. Coach34 told me so.

Frances Drebin

Nov 16, 2005
...this is a scientific ranking? It's lazy, if you ask me. They took the top 25-30 teams and put the coaches on this list. There are dozens of brilliant coaches at mid-majors that are better than three quarters of those on this list. Hell, to validate this list would mean to agree that Calipari is the fourth best coach in the country, which few on here would agree with.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
you missed the part where I said, "if this were gospel". Optimus certainly seemed offended by it, maybe you should take that argument up with him. All I said was that if true, 24th out of 332 is pretty damned good.

No surprise we haven't heard much from you lately regarding the basketball team.

lxadawg

Mar 3, 2008
Last time I checked ,we had won the western division in what I think is still a pretty damn good conference!

rebelrouseri

Jan 24, 2007
at a very high level despite them not being one of the most physically gifted groups in the country. I think he has them overachieving this year which should garner the most credit (although they will still crash and burn early in the tournament). </p>

Frances Drebin

Nov 16, 2005
you missed the part where I said, "if this were gospel". Optimus certainly seemed offended by it, maybe you should take that argument up with him. All I said was that if true, 24th out of 332 is pretty damned good.
...you need to chill out. You're the one that said 24th out of 332 is pretty good. I'm saying the ranking is so unscientific that it's retarted to even consider whether it's true or not.

No surprise we haven't heard much from you lately regarding the basketball team.
Typical ******** response. Please come up with something original.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm pretty sure none of us dubmasses had that figured out for ourselves. The point is, a reasonably independent national website that's in the business of covering college sports thinks Stans is better than over 90% of the Div. I coaches out there. So maybe he's at least a little better than a couple of guys with some axe to grind keep saying he is.

Edited to add that, as much as I don't like Calipari, he's got a nothing school in a terrible conference in the top 10 once again, so he must be doing a pretty good job.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"It's obvious Stans should be ranked 332md on that list. Coach34 told me so"

I've never said any such thing. Average floor coach has somehow turned into "joke of a floor coach" by you guys. However, thanks to Robert Kirby, he'll never be that low

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Not every dig is aimed directly at you. Someone else said that Stans was a joke on this very board.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Frances Drebin said:
Hell, to validate this list would mean to agree that Calipari is the fourth best coach in the country, which few on here would agree with.

Yea, Calipari sucks...I mean...they're only ranked in the top ten damn near every year. And he stunk up UMass by posting 193-71 record during ten years. Calipari needs to just get the hell off of a basketball court. </p>

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
You never cease to amaze me. Do you STILL give credit to Kirby for our Final Four run? What about Stan Jones for our SEC Tournament title in 2002? Amazing.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I don't like the guy, I think Duke gets a ton of calls, and I despise the ESPN Duke lovefest. All that said, the dude has won a crapload of games, a lot of conference titles, and a lot of Final Fours. It's obvious he is among the best ever, much less the best current.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
you guys would catch on...and you wonder why I keep antagonizing..its like teasing a bunch of 5 year olds

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
You can't use a "I was only kidding and pulling your chain" excuse to make up for 4 years of pure idiotic posting. Noone here even believes you are an MSU fan.