Our pitching staff might be the best in the SEC hands down. Thanks Ron, Russ!!

Garciacamebackadawg

Feb 23, 2008
John Allen behind the plate is not very impressive either. Hell everytime the ball hits the mit he drops it. Put Freeman in. Thank God basketball season is still ongoing, so I don't have to lose my **** listening or watching another mediocre or sub par baseball team, again kudos Ronnie boy.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
knows more baseball than me, but WTF was he doing leaving in Piggott? I said bring on Weatherford. But no. Polk sees 2 lefties coming up , and hangs him out to dry. WTF are you saving Weatherford for? He is arguably the best closer in the league. He is there to win games late for us. Who gives a **** if he can't pitch the 2nd game. Win the @#!%$%% 1st one!!!

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
saddawg said:
I know Polk knows more baseball than me,
That's a sheep myth copout to make it sound like Polk is the all knowing authority on baseball, along with it's companion "He wrote the book." and to make you feel like you don't know anything because you obviously haven't written a book on baseball, now have you? It also helps feed the delusion in their mind that all is well with the Diamond Dogs.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
any damn coach coaching college baseball knows more about baseball than people that don't do it for a living. I was saying he should know better if I did. And I think I'm the last MOFO who should be called a sheep. I still ain't sold on Croom.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I agree with you and I wasn't calling you a sheep. Sorry if it came out that way.

Fact is, Polk isn't as good as his minions want to believe.</p>

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
for walks given up by the team in a game, eclipsing the previous high of 16 against UNO in 1984.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Gene that and Gene said that the other pitchers were ahead of him.

So simply put, he must not be very good.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
8Dog said:
Gene said that the other pitchers were ahead of him.

So, in other words he doesn't kiss ***. I fail to see how he could possibly be worse than what we're putting out there. As bad, probably, worse, no.</p>

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
when the "Ole Miss pays players" and "lucky day" excuses are already being dropped on gene's page. It isn't even conf. play yet.

and for the love of all that's holy, can we be able to tab into the text box. otherwise, I change the text color everytime.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
His problems are:

- He splits his focus between MSU baseball and complaining to the NCAA.
- He hasn't adjusted with the times, for the most part.
- He is stubborn to a fault.
- He doesn't put focus on winning individual games. The guy likes to win and doesn't like losing, but if we lose a game he just kind of brushes it off with "that's baseball."

The thing that is most frustrating is when we get Polk's focus and when he strays away from his natural tendencies of leaving pitchers in too long, not manufacturing runs, and he appears to put more emphasis on winning a particular game he has had success, such as our run last June. Unfortunately, for the vast majority of his latest tenure at MSU, it hasn't been like last June. At some point Polk has to make a decision - does he want MSU baseball to be successful on the level it can be or does he want to take on the NCAA.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
His decision is going to be to do both because he thinks he can do both. The problem is his minions keep patting him on the back anytime he does something like his 64 page letter, and no one in the athletic dept. (LT) has the balls to make him stop either.

I think he does MSU baseball because it's his "family" and we kiss his ***. He has taken MSU baseball as far as he can, and he's just hanging around until he dies. I'm pretty sure that's what he thinks is going to happen. And when the heat in the kitchen gets turned up again, he will probably go back to some of the things he did last year and will probably do decently well.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
somebody needs to go have a talk with Polk. He's absolutely right, but the last thing MSU needs is to be dragged into a fight with the NCAA coming off the heels of the enima they gave us a few years ago.