Out of all the players that transferred out….

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
The one I would want back is Deshaun Fenwick from a few years ago.

Bell, Burch, Lloyd, Edmond can kick rocks. I’ve watched everyone of them being interviewed at their new school, and they look miserable, but try to sound positive. I could be totally wrong, but just a gut feeling. Heck, Edmond, Lloyd and Bell may not even be starting. Now that would be ironic.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Edmond is the one I’d want back from last season. Burch never lived up to the hype. Bell couldn’t block, and therefore couldn’t stay on the field. I didn’t like how Lloyd ran the ball, though we are thin at RB.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
The one I would want back is Deshaun Fenwick from a few years ago.

Bell, Burch, Lloyd, Edmond can kick rocks. I’ve watched everyone of them being interviewed at their new school, and they look miserable, but try to sound positive. I could be totally wrong, but just a gut feeling. Heck, Edmond, Lloyd and Bell may not even be starting. Now that would be ironic.
Burch is also going to fighting off DJU’s 5* freshman little bro for PT.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Edmond is the one I’d want back from last season. Burch never lived up to the hype. Bell couldn’t block, and therefore couldn’t stay on the field. I didn’t like how Lloyd ran the ball, though we are thin at RB.
Spot on….I do Burch was finally coming into his own, but his stats should be easy to replicate

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Grass not always greener, but the same applies to our guys too. Hopefully ours will find that it is greener here.

Taco73

Feb 6, 2022
I felt the same way about Lloyd. Bell in my opinion ran tougher between the tackles. I think RB was the best position for bell. He also would catch the ball 50 percent of the time. Edmond and Burch were the stronger losses in my opinion.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
The sad part about Burch is he was the hometown kid that stuck around. If he doesn’t have an NFL career, that would’ve been big in Columbia. But now you bail on the team to go to Oregon. That place doesn’t give a crap about Burch. If it doesn’t work out well for him out there, he made a pretty life altering decision. Seems like people are trying to figure out these transfers and what school they claim. Came up a lot with Jalen Hurts (Bama & OU) during Super Bowl week. Seems the consensus is the last team you played for us your team. Guys like Bell, Burch, Edmund, Lloyd…they really just alienated themselves from any fanbase. It’s getting more common, but I just don’t see any reason for fans, donors, and others to remain loyal to these kids that transfer out. I’m sure they’ll be accepted here…but I doubt many will go out of their way to make sure they are set up. Let Oregon, USC, and FSU do that. Nobody at those schools will even remember these guys’ names as they will only be there for a few weeks and then it’s over.

Mauze1

Joined Jul 11, 2012
Jan 20, 2022
The sad part about Burch is he was the hometown kid that stuck around. If he doesn’t have an NFL career, that would’ve been big in Columbia. But now you bail on the team to go to Oregon. That place doesn’t give a crap about Burch. If it doesn’t work out well for him out there, he made a pretty life altering decision. Seems like people are trying to figure out these transfers and what school they claim. Came up a lot with Jalen Hurts (Bama & OU) during Super Bowl week. Seems the consensus is the last team you played for us your team. Guys like Bell, Burch, Edmund, Lloyd…they really just alienated themselves from any fanbase. It’s getting more common, but I just don’t see any reason for fans, donors, and others to remain loyal to these kids that transfer out. I’m sure they’ll be accepted here…but I doubt many will go out of their way to make sure they are set up. Let Oregon, USC, and FSU do that. Nobody at those schools will even remember these guys’ names as they will only be there for a few weeks and then it’s over.
Burch and Edmond are hard for me to figure unless they received big NIL money. Both were going to be starters on a good team in the SEC. Losing these guys hurt us the worst. Lloyd hurts because of the RB depth.

Lloyd cannot seem to stay well enough to play. He seems to have the ability to play, except he is missing the most important ability: availability.

Most of us were not surprised when Bell transferred. He is an enigma and fit into several spots on the team, but he was far from our best receiver, far from our best running back and a second team tight end.

I am over their loss and I will be hoping all of them succeed. It appears Burch is the only one who is a hands down starter. That is no different than if they all had stayed at SC.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Burch and Edmond are hard for me to figure unless they received big NIL money. Both were going to be starters on a good team in the SEC. Losing these guys hurt us the worst. Lloyd hurts because of the RB depth.

Lloyd cannot seem to stay well enough to play. He seems to have the ability to play, except he is missing the most important ability: availability.

Most of us were not surprised when Bell transferred. He is an enigma and fit into several spots on the team, but he was far from our best receiver, far from our best running back and a second team tight end.

I am over their loss and I will be hoping all of them succeed. It appears Burch is the only one who is a hands down starter. That is no different than if they all had stayed at SC.
I can actually understand Edmond more than any of the others. He had a solid year, and made a name for himself. But the only reason he was playing was Strachan tore his ACL. With Strachan coming back, maybe Edmond thought it was a good opportunity to strike while the iron was hot with NIL. And he's right where he would have been here...running with 2s, except he likely got a bigger bag.

Bell peddling merch a few hours before announcing his transfer was garbage. I'm so glad he's gone. What a wasted effort that was.

I can see Burch being overtaken (or at least splitting time) with Matayo Uiagalelei. That move was puzzling as well, unless he's just chasing a bag. If that's the case, I'm glad we were "outbid".

Same with Lloyd. When healthy, he was a difference maker.

I don't hope they succeed. If they do, it means they had to leave USC to succeed...and that's a bad look. If it makes me a bad person, so be it. I care more about my university and it's football program than I do some dudes that chased bags all across the country.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I felt the same way about Lloyd. Bell in my opinion ran tougher between the tackles. I think RB was the best position for bell. He also would catch the ball 50 percent of the time. Edmond and Burch were the stronger losses in my opinion.
Bell's best position would have been LB. I don't think he had the explosiveness and agility to play RB effectively. I think the narrative that Lloyd wasn't a tough runner was false. Before he got hurt he was either leading, or near the top of the SEC in yards after contact and broken tackles.

80and90gcock

Joined Nov 20, 2003 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
I can actually understand Edmond more than any of the others. He had a solid year, and made a name for himself. But the only reason he was playing was Strachan tore his ACL. With Strachan coming back, maybe Edmond thought it was a good opportunity to strike while the iron was hot with NIL. And he's right where he would have been here...running with 2s, except he likely got a bigger bag.

Bell peddling merch a few hours before announcing his transfer was garbage. I'm so glad he's gone. What a wasted effort that was.

I can see Burch being overtaken (or at least splitting time) with Matayo Uiagalelei. That move was puzzling as well, unless he's just chasing a bag. If that's the case, I'm glad we were "outbid".

Same with Lloyd. When healthy, he was a difference maker.

I don't hope they succeed. If they do, it means they had to leave USC to succeed...and that's a bad look. If it makes me a bad person, so be it. I care more about my university and it's football program than I do some dudes that chased bags all across the country.
I respect your honesty.

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Lloyd would be mine, yes he can be injury prone, but he is another year from the major injury, and he is a very talented player at a position of need for us. I think he has a good year at So Cal, and would of had one here as well.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Burch was overrated coming out of HS. I think he was a typical private school 5 star player. They are usually physically gifted players who face much smaller, slower and less physical opponents in HS so they and their stats look amazing. When they get to college where every player is good, really good, even the third string, they don't have the experience or technique to continue to be dominant. I remember reading an article that stated that if Arch Manning played at a big public school that faced equal talent he would have been a 3 star qb.

If Burch chased money, he was smart to do so.

Mar 24, 2022
Burch was overrated coming out of HS. I think he was a typical private school 5 star player. They are usually physically gifted players who face much smaller, slower and less physical opponents in HS so they and their stats look amazing. When they get to college where every player is good, really good, even the third string, they don't have the experience or technique to continue to be dominant. I remember reading an article that stated that if Arch Manning played at a big public school that faced equal talent he would have been a 3 star qb.

If Burch chased money, he was smart to do so.
I guess Peyton coming from the same school should have been a 3 star as well.
I don't know of any other 5 stars from a private school in SC so you have a sample of 1,but on the basketball side side.Zion Williamson,Kris Middleton,and Aja Wilson all former SCISA players have proven to be OK,I'd say.

Reactions: bayrooster

Big JC

May 12, 2023
I guess Peyton coming from the same school should have been a 3 star as well.
I don't know of any other 5 stars from a private school in SC so you have a sample of 1,but on the basketball side side.Zion Williamson,Kris Middleton,and Aja Wilson all former SCISA players have proven to be OK,I'd say.
Basketball is an entirely different animal than football.