Pam Am Olympic Qualifier wrestle-offs

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Either that knock to Yani's head is affecting him or he is really gassed

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Question. Does Nick Lee now still wrestle in the BJC for the Ultimate Olympic placement ? Not sure exactly what this win over Yanni means….

Reactions: JBott

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Is the match or highlights of the 1st match available to watch anywhere ? Nick and Yanni

JBott

Nov 1, 2021
Question. Does Nick Lee now still wrestle in the BJC for the Ultimate Olympic placement ? Not sure exactly what this win over Yanni means….
This win allows Nick to go to the Pan Am Olympic Qualifer and try to qualify the weight for Team USA for the 2024 Olympic Games. Nick will be the #1 seed at the Olympic Trials in State College in April. NLWC could have 14 men qualified to battle for 6 Olympic spots!

Reactions: 1Maddog and Spice67

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021
This win allows Nick to go to the Pan Am Olympic Qualifer and try to qualify the weight for Team USA for the 2024 Olympic Games. Nick will be the #1 seed at the Olympic Trials in State College in April. NLWC could have 14 men qualified to battle for 6 Olympic spots!
I still harbor resentment that there is only 6 Oly weights (used to be 10). And we have BS in the Olympics like skateboarding, bmx biking, flag football, rhythmic gymnastics- gimme a break. Put 10 wrestling weights in the damn Olympics

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I still harbor resentment that there is only 6 Oly weights (used to be 10). And we have BS in the Olympics like skateboarding, bmx biking, flag football, rhythmic gymnastics- gimme a break. Put 10 wrestling weights in the damn Olympics
Agree 6 weight classes in crazy. Need at least 4 more spots. Make it an even 10.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Don't know if it was the face to the mat or what, but Yanni was the walking dead by the end of that thing. He could have the flu. None of my business but that wasn't the 4 timer Yanni. Nick seemed more than content to let Yanni have his legs.

Nick, go qualify the damn weight, then win it all.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Don't know if it was the face to the mat or what, but Yanni was the walking dead by the end of that thing. He could have the flu. None of my business but that wasn't the 4 timer Yanni. Nick seemed more than content to let Yanni have his legs.

Nick, go qualify the damn weight, then win it all.
Looked more like a concussion

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Olympic free style weight classes-it really is unfortunate that they have 6 weight classes vs 10 as in world championships. There are almost 20 pound differences between Olympic weight classes. That is tough for someone who competes typically at a weight that is in the middle of the Olympic weight classes. For instance, take a world champion wrestler at the weight that is close to the college 133 pound class(61 kg). In the world championships there is 57 kg (125 pounds), 61 kg (134 pounds) and 65 kg (143 pounds). In the Olympics there is only the 57 kg and 65 kg classes, no 61 kg So the 61 kg wrestler has to go against bigger wrestlers or cut a ton of weight On the other hand they almost eliminated wrestling from the Olympics not so long ago. Not sure what goes into deciding what sports are at the summer Olympics but there are some new "sports" that are pretty out there that I sure would not watch-and obviously many fans care less about wrestling. I am a senior citizen and doubt the Olympic free style classes will be changing in my lifetime. I actually like watching college style much more than international/Olympic wrestling except when you have a team that is backing up a lot and pretty unaggressive .Most PSU wrestlers are fun to watch as they are very aggressive.