Parking for Match tomorrow

NormanChad

Oct 31, 2021
Any recommendations on the best parking for the match tomorrow? Haven’t been to a match at Rec Hall in years. Figured someone here would know. Also with THON, wasn’t sure how that might affect things.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
THON will be a problem, though mostly on the eastern part of campus.

There isn't a lot going on in terms of athletics on Sunday. Women's tennis has a match @ 10 am, and Men's tennis has a match @ 1 pm. That's it, besides wrestling.

I'd suggest Nittany Deck or West Deck. Nittany Deck is a short walk from Rec Hall. The downside is that you can get stuck in long waits when trying to exit. West Deck is across Atherton (about 1/3 of a mile) from Rec Hall. I've never parked there for a PSU wrestling dual, so I can't speak to how long waits may be to exit.

Use the Park Mobile app (line below) to reserve a spot before 11:59 tonight (actually, do it now, so that you get a spot before they sell out). It's $6 for the aforementioned locations if you reserve a spot. If you wait until tomorrow, you can't reserve a spot, and will be left to either paying cash ($10) for a spot in the aforementioned decks (if they still have spots), or trying to park downtown.

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
We are also attending the match and staying downtown at the Graduate. Obviously we're walking to the match, but where is everyone's go to pre-match pub/restaurant?

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
You can usually find a space on the first level at Nittany Deck if you get there early enough, say, 90 minutes before the match. Get your parking pass ahead of time.
Is Nittany Deck a parking garage I suspect ? Is it on the upper side of Rec Hall or lower towards down town ? Never parked there

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
We are also attending the match and staying downtown at the Graduate. Obviously we're walking to the match, but where is everyone's go to pre-match pub/restaurant?
Bumping this, any help will be much appreciated. Can be post-match too...

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Bumping this, any help will be much appreciated. Can be post-match too...
Hi Relayer, my suggestion would be Federal Taphouse. The Allen Room is no longer open for lunch ( loved prematch lunches in front of the windows ) and obviously neither is the Nittany Lion Inn.

The Federal Taphouse is on Frazier. Has lots of high top tables and spacious bar. Serves 100 beers or so, decent food, short walk to campus ( and make sure you walk across campus, not down College for the complete experience )

On your way back, pop into Central Reservation or Local Whiskey for some fun and good food as well ( Local Whiskey has A Decent Cheesesteak, Central has an excellent burger among other party day menu items, both have excellent fries as they use the same kitchen )

Have a great time But expect crowds with Thon being in town.

Reactions: Relayer

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Hi Relayer, my suggestion would be Federal Taphouse. The Allen Room is no longer open for lunch ( loved prematch lunches in front of the windows ) and obviously neither is the Nittany Lion Inn.

The Federal Taphouse is on Frazier. Has lots of high top tables and spacious bar. Serves 100 beers or so, decent food, short walk to campus ( and make sure you walk across campus, not down College for the complete experience )

On your way back, pop into Central Reservation or Local Whiskey for some fun and good food as well ( Local Whiskey has A Decent Cheesesteak, Central has an excellent burger among other party day menu items, both have excellent fries as they use the same kitchen )

Is Thon over now ? How much money raised ? Been wondering

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021

Thanks! We got into town a little later than expected. Will check those spots out after the match.

Edit: Hanging at the taphouse having a beer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tgar

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Spicer - what year did you graduate? What college?
I’ll answer. If you want to know any of my personal business I’d be happy to tell you if you Need to know. 814-644-3100. Gave you opportunities before. At match now though.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I’ll answer. If you want to know any of my personal business I’d be happy to tell you if you Need to know. 814-644-3100. Gave you opportunities before. At match now though.
What section, what seats?

Lionlaw

Oct 31, 2021
You are an odd, odd person. I’m not calling you - ever. You said you were voting for the BOT - but you won’t say when you graduated? Ok. You didn’t go to PSU and you are not voting for BOT. Sound right? I’m ‘ 94 by the way. And if you don’t want people to know your personal business - maybe stop posting your phone number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spice67 and WV lion

Latest posts