Peaky Blinders.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I’ve been hearing about this for a couple of years, but only just started watching last week.

Binge-watching is closer to the truth.

Freaking awesome.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
It stands with The Sopranos and the Wire as the greatest Prestige TV shows ever IMO. I’m on my third rewatch as I type this.

Thankfully I just got through season 4’s Adrian Brody’s horrible scene chewing bad imitation of Marlon Brando’s Don Corleone. Still a great season (4) with an incredible ending.

The actress who played the undercover bar maid who Tommy marries is the granddaughter or niece of Richard Harris.

The actor who plays Jeremiah, is British- Jamaican poet- author- activist Benjamin Zephaniah who sadly passed away last year.

Not certain where you are, in the series, but I had never really heard of Oswald Mosley who was a real life British Nazi and had a huge following in 1930’s Britain. Hitler officiated at his wedding in Berlin.

I‘ve always been of the opinion that there will never be an acting duo to match Edie Falco and James Gandolfini in the Sopranos, but I really believe Cillian Murphy and the late Helen McCrory topped them. Murphy may be the finest actor in the world right now.

Edit: I typed that last sentence before I knew he had just won best actor last night for Oppenheimer. He is absolutely riveting as an actor.

Not sure if you knew this, but Helen McRory, Aunt Polly who died in 2021 of breast cancer was married to the actor Damian Lewis who played Maj Dick Winters in Band of Brothers, Sgt Nick Brody in the first two seasons of Homeland and Wall Street pillager Bobby Axelrod on HBO’s Billions.

Last edited:

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
I guess I need to give it another try....I have started watching bit a couple times and quit.

KANDI11

Aug 24, 2017
It stands with The Sopranos and the Wire as the greatest Prestige TV shows ever IMO. I’m on my third rewatch as I type this.

Thankfully I just got through season 4’s Adrian Brody’s horrible scene chewing bad imitation of Marlon Brando’s Don Corleone. Still a great season (4) with an incredible ending.

The actress who played the undercover bar maid who Tommy marries is the granddaughter or niece of Richard Harris.

The actor who plays Jeremiah, is British- Jamaican poet- author- activist Benjamin Zephaniah who sadly passed away last year.

Not certain where you are, in the series, but I had never really heard of Oswald Mosley who was a real life British Nazi and had a huge following in 1930’s Britain. Hitler officiated at his wedding in Berlin.

I‘ve always been of the opinion that there will never be an acting duo to match Edie Falco and James Gandolfini in the Sopranos, but I really believe Cillian Murphy and the late Helen McCrory topped them. Murphy may be the finest actor in the world right now.

Edit: I typed that last sentence before I knew he had just won best actor last night for Oppenheimer. He is absolutely riveting as an actor.

Not sure if you knew this, but Helen McRory, Aunt Polly who died in 2021 of breast cancer was married to the actor Damian Lewis who played Maj Dick Winters in Band of Brothers, Sgt Nick Brody in the first two seasons of Homeland and Wall Street pillager Bobby Axelrod on HBO’s Billions.
Fin Cole who played Michael Gray was one of the main characters in the television series Animal Kingdom. He played Josh.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I guess I need to give it another try....I have started watching bit a couple times and quit.
I suggest watching it with subtitles for a few episodes. Even though none of the actors are from Birmingham that Black Country accent can be tricky

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Fin Cole who played Michael Gray was one of the main characters in the television series Animal Kingdom. He played Josh.
Yes, and plays almost the exact same character. His brother Joe plays John Shelby. He was actually on the show way earlier.

Is this the same Kandi that hates me?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Animal Kingdom is a good one as well.
Good, but I don’t think it’s even in the same realm as Peaky. But I enjoyed it. But never got into the last season for some reason. Maybe I’ll take another look at it. Shawn Hatosy is phenomenal in it too.

DP'4'Life

May 11, 2023
Good, but I don’t think it’s even in the same realm as Peaky. But I enjoyed it. But never got into the last season for some reason. Maybe I’ll take another look at it. Shawn Hatosy is phenomenal in it too.
Agree. Peaky Blinders is on another level.
And, Animal Kingdom did Jump the Shark in that final season.

Latest posts