Penn State bowl projections: Where the Nittany Lions are slotted ahead of Week 10

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Much different list than a week ago, that's for sure. But, some of the destinations would be fun.

What say you? I may or may not be rooting for the Vegas Bowl.

Pinstripe Bowl is fun and fairly accessible, but cold and bad opponent would ruin things a bit. Music City would be a fun trip, Outback and Vegas too, but no FCS school as an opponent. Kentucky is compelling because of Levi’s, but we just played them. Literally anyone else is my preference.

Reactions: GregPickel

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I think the Las Vegas bowl would be great. Beyond the playoff and the NY6 bowls, does it really matter? Even at that, some of the NY6 pairings suck.

Las Vegas would be a new destination and I'm sure many PSU fans would make the trip. It'll be the first bowl game in the new stadium and no doubt bowl organizers will want a great traveling fanbase to be involved.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Pinstripe Bowl is fun and fairly accessible, but cold and bad opponent would ruin things a bit. Music City would be a fun trip, Outback and Vegas too, but no FCS school as an opponent. Kentucky is compelling because of Levi’s, but we just played them. Literally anyone else is my preference.
Yeah, I leaned toward Ole Miss because of just having played Kentucky a couple of years ago, even if Levis vs. Clifford would be fun.

Agreed on Pinstripe. We got probably the greatest weather ever for that in 2014 and I wouldn't want to try our luck again.

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I think the Las Vegas bowl would be great. Beyond the playoff and the NY6 bowls, does it really matter? Even at that, some of the NY6 pairings suck.

Las Vegas would be a new destination and I'm sure many PSU fans would make the trip. It'll be the first bowl game in the new stadium and no doubt bowl organizers will want a great traveling fanbase to be involved.

Agree; if not NY6 Bowl, destination then opponent are my top considerations (if planning to go - otherwise - reverse that). Would be a hell of a fun trip.

Reactions: NittPicker

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Still on track for outback bowl. That hasn’t changed for me for weeks. We
could run table though with healthy Clifford. Then we will see what happens with other teams to move us up. Still think 9-4 or 8-5 depending on Clifford.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021

Get bowl eligible and Jackpot - Vegas baby.

Karl_Racki

Oct 31, 2021
LSU? They won't even get to 6 wins,. They only have 4 now and have Bama, A&M, and Arkansas left.

Anyways, if we don't get a NY6 Bowl, I really don't care. Playing a Pac 12 team in Las Vegas would be cool. We only played Washington recently. So playing a Utah, UCLA, or Oregon State would be different.

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
Hoping for more than Music City Bowl but it’s only about 30 minutes from me and it would be nice to see Nittany Nation take over Nashville. Stadium is nothing nice but the city is a ton of fun.

Reactions: ODShowtime

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
Hoping for more than Music City Bowl but it’s only about 30 minutes from me and it would be nice to see Nittany Nation take over Nashville. Stadium is nothing nice but the city is a ton of fun.
Pinstripe to Outback. Pinstripe is lame Outback is great.

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
Need six victories to be bowl eligible. That 6th victory needs to be Saturday. It's a must win.

Reactions: MacNit

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Used to have that fox and hound/baileys as one of my stores. Big volume!! Fun place!!

Cactus Jim

Oct 6, 2021

Plus it's hard to count on the Pac-12 school delivering a crowd.

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
Still hoping for an Outback Bowl appearance, only because it falls on Jan 1. A Dec 30 Las Vegas Bowl game just doesn't have the same feel. There's nothing like starting a new year off with Penn State football with family all together. Just personal preference I guess.

djmccaslin

Nov 1, 2021

Totally agree. I live in Pasadena so if it can't be the Rose Bowl or Fiesta, the LV Bowl is my 3rd choice for all the reasons you list but also because it's an easy and fun trip for the wife and me. I just wish the game was on the 28th or 29th instead of 30th. The hotel rates for the 30th aren't as crazy as they are for New Year's Eve but still a bump up from the rates earlier in the week. Also, having it on the 28th or 29th, gives folks a day or two to get out of town to avoid the New Year's Eve evening craziness.