Penn State Law School

wbcbus

Oct 8, 2021
I practiced Law for 45 years before I retired eight years ago. I’ve had a couple of hundred bad experiences 😅🤣😄. Clients, judges, jurors, Government drones (the human kind), secretaries, partners, associates, opposing counsel you name it. I was just joking around with LionJim.

The first time I heard of Ai in the profession was about three months ago. My original thought was “What the hell a robot follows you around the office”. I guess I’ve been gone too long.

Sadly not so far fetched as to be obviously farcical!

You'd like some of the new tech. For instance, I can tell it to find me where a topic was discussed in a depo transcript, and it'll give me all the page and line examples, and then allow me to just click through and watch each segment of testimony while I read along (assuming video'd). During doc review, it'll learn as we code things relevant to move similar types of documents to the forefront of the review, so that by the time you're 10-15% in, it will have pushed all the irrelevant docs to the back of the review allowing you to find the important items earlier and faster. It's really useful stuff.

Reactions: Tom_PSU

Evan Ceg

Nov 1, 2021
There's very little detail in the August 14 press release concerning the panel recommendations about how the two-campus/one school reunification will work. This restructuring might offer Penn State Dickinson Law an opportunity to make its legal education distinctive, However, teaching delivery innovations alone will not make a Penn State legal education unique nor distinguished. At first blush, the recommendations appear to keep both campuses running at previous levels, with consolidations and faculty reductions occurring slowly over time, largely through attrition. So, not surprisingly, the panel recommendation seems to spare staff, faculty or students any pain, which is always the first priority of academic management. Courage and decisiveness remain in short supply in academic leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrimReaper