Penn State - Michigan, 2023, Dual Thread

Capkbc

Nov 5, 2021
Just go back from the match. First time at BJC for wrestling. Was a good night. David Taylor & Gilman sat at the table next to my wife & I at Otto's prior to the match. Was good to see them get recognized at the meet.
It's 10:37pm 1/20/23 & Michigan still sucks

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
On the negative side, this is not a good shot by Kerk, and he barely moved in response to Parris's counter.

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
On the negative side, this is not a good shot by Kerk, and he barely moved in response to Parris's counter.

Kerk looked defeated after he got in deep but couldn’t finish his lower leg shots. He did a great job getting to Parris’s legs, but he needs to finish quicker. It’s very correctable and I expect Kerk to fix that, stand atop the podium at BIGs and get the top seed for Nationals.

Pocono Lion

Oct 7, 2021
Kerk looked defeated after he got in deep but couldn’t finish his lower leg shots. He did a great job getting to Parris’s legs, but he needs to finish quicker. It’s very correctable and I expect Kerk to fix that, stand atop the podium at BIGs and get the top seed for Nationals.
Yeah, Sparks and Johnson said on the BTN that when Kerk didn’t score in the 1st and it became a 4 minute match, advantage to Parris.

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
Levi fought off some quality shoots, what a gritty win. Dare I say it, freshman all American!?!
Freshman or not, I'd put him in the 3rd - 4th - 5th range on the podium. Don't forget, he spent what would've otherwise been his Senior season in HS wrestling against major-college-level competition in open tournaments, and doing very well in the process. If memory serves, one of his wins was over tOSU's Paddy Gallagher, #1 HS PFP in the nation according to several reporting services, who was redshirting at the time. So class-wise he's a freshman, but experience-wise it's probably fair to say he's more than that.

John Beach

Oct 31, 2021
Great night of wrestling, Electric crowd, Haines match was worth price of admission, complemented Parris’s dad after match and we both thought that they will meet possibly two more times, love Caels’s thought process

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
As well as our wrestlers did last night, the amazing thing about our team is that wrestlers appear to even get BETTER by time of national championships!! What coaching last night as we won really close matches at 157 and 165 by young wrestlers which clinched the match!!

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

BigBankFrank

May 24, 2022
??? This was the first match he didn’t bonus. His points scored in previous matches 23,23,17,fall,26,10,14.
My bad. I know styles and game plans play a part. Was just hoping for bonus points in that match and know it’s easier said than done.

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Somebody explain to me how we have these obvious weaknesses in the lineup?
Back in the garden of Eden… seriously if you’re truly asking, PSU’s 125lb starter Robbie Howard is injured and with 9.9 scholarships for 10 starting spots we have to go to the backup. 125 weight class is one of the hardest to fill (along with HWT). Gary is a good tough kid, just undersized. If there’s a 118lb class he’d be right there. Unfortunately we may have nine potential AA’s and get to cheer for one guy that’s gonna struggle against Big 10 competition but he’s got the Blue & White singlet on. As the Haitians say, ‘the donkey you own, that’s the one you go to market with’.

Reactions: LB99 and Bosco2

Latest posts