Penn State will host 2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials at the Bryce Jordan Center

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Meaning the Blue White Spring game will be the weekend prior one would assume.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Hey @GregPickel any idea why the weights in freestyle and GR don’t align? Just found that to be a bit quirky. Never realized it before.

Last edited:

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
It says ticket info will be available on May 9th. That said, does anyone know whether my status as member of NLC and/or NLWC will give me preferred access to tickets?

I have a buddy from Utah who I’ve been talking with about bringing his two boys to see a Penn State match. His sons’ wrestling season always gets in the way. I’d like to be able to get us tickets for the US Olympic team trials.

Reactions: Spice67 and Parks22

Parks22

Nov 29, 2021
It says ticket info will be available on May 9th. That said, does anyone know whether my status as member of NLC and/or NLWC will give me preferred access to tickets?

I have a buddy from Utah who I’ve been talking with about bringing his two boys to see a Penn State match. His sons’ wrestling season always gets in the way. I’d like to be able to get us tickets for the US Olympic team trials.
When they had this originally in 2020 I was able to get mine through NLC/season wrestling tix list before the public sale I believe

• Love
Reactions: Got GSPs

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
When they had this originally in 2020 I was able to get mine through NLC/season wrestling tix list before the public sale I believe
That’s what I was hoping for. I’m not a season ticket holder but am a NLC member and do buy tickets to most BJC wrestling matches.

Reactions: Parks22

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Does anyone know of an article that previews the top contenders for the mens US 2024 men's Olympic freestyle weight classes? As most know who read this page there are only 6 free style classes (men) in the Olympics-which are 57 kg (125 pounds), 65 kg ((143 pounds), 74 kg (163 pounds), 86 kg (190 pounds), 97 kg (214 pounds), and 125 kg (275 pounds). Thus it is really tough to make the Olympic team particularly with the likes of David Taylor, Kyle Dake, etc who are older and more experienced. Plus for a wrestler like RBY who wrestled at 133-he is between weight classes-too big for 57 kg and smaller than those who wrestle at 65 kg. World competitions have 10 weight classes which allows more wrestlers to compete at their natural (or wrestling) weights. Thanks
Glad they are having trials at PSU. I am sure attendance will be great at this venue. Hopefully as I am sure finals will be sold out, it will get good television coverage.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Way too early Olympic finals.
57 kg (125 pounds) Lee vs. Suriano
65 kg (143 pounds) Yanni vs. NLee
74 kg (163 pounds) Dake vs. Nolf
86 kg (190 pounds) Taylor vs. Brooks
97 kg (214 pounds) Snyder vs. Cox
125 kg (275 pounds) Steveson vs. Paris

No 79 kg? Where does that leave Burroughs and Starocci?

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Thanks J.E.B. With only the 6 weight classes it is tough if one's normal weight class is pretty much in the middle. Fortunately, David Taylor has gotten a lot bigger over the years and has done exceptionally well at 86 kg. Curious how Dake will do as he came to NLWC most likely to win just about the only title he has never won-Olympic gold. Most likely last Olympics for some of the men who have had prior Olympics.
There should be some great matches at PSU next April-hope there is good tv coverage as I think tickets will go fast.

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
I mostly understand folkstyle, and have a goo, not great understanding of freestyle. Don't know much about greco.... Are there any online tutorials or videos on greco that anyone can recommend?

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
Thanks J.E.B. With only the 6 weight classes it is tough if one's normal weight class is pretty much in the middle. Fortunately, David Taylor has gotten a lot bigger over the years and has done exceptionally well at 86 kg. Curious how Dake will do as he came to NLWC most likely to win just about the only title he has never won-Olympic gold. Most likely last Olympics for some of the men who have had prior Olympics.
There should be some great matches at PSU next April-hope there is good tv coverage as I think tickets will go fast.
Tickets will go really fast. Gonna be a lifetime memory.

Reactions: Spice67

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Does anyone know how a wrestler qualifies to enter the Olympic free style trials?I would think NCAA champs would get an invite. Competition will be stiff for the coveted 6 spots on the men's freestyle team.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
i really want to help my buddy get tickets. He’s in Utah and always comments when I post on FB about going to the BJC matches. He can’t make it to a BJC match because his boys wrestle in high school and middle school, but he wants to take his wife and three sons to the 2024 trials. How much are the tickets? Is anyone who has a presale link willing to help?

thelorow

Oct 9, 2021

Also...

Pre-Sale Emails:
  • PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Holders:
Monday, May 15 at 10 a.m. ET
  • Previous USA Wrestling Event Purchase:
Monday, May 15 at Noon ET
  • NLC Member:
Tuesday, May 16 at 10 a.m. ET
  • PSU Alumni:
Wednesday, May 17 at 10 a.m. ET
  • PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Waitlist:
Thursday, May 18 at 10 a.m. ET

I qualify to apply on the 15th (had tickets for 2020), the 16th (NLC member) and the 17th (Alumni Association). Got emails for all 3. I’ll be in Cancun next week for vacation, already have phone alarm set for the 15th).

BaccaFarmer

Oct 12, 2021
Also...

Pre-Sale Emails:
  • PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Holders:
Monday, May 15 at 10 a.m. ET
  • Previous USA Wrestling Event Purchase:
Monday, May 15 at Noon ET
  • NLC Member:
Tuesday, May 16 at 10 a.m. ET
  • PSU Alumni:
Wednesday, May 17 at 10 a.m. ET
  • PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Waitlist:
Thursday, May 18 at 10 a.m. ET

I qualify to apply on the 15th (had tickets for 2020), the 16th (NLC member) and the 17th (Alumni Association). Got emails for all 3. I’ll be in Cancun next week for vacation, already have phone alarm set for the 15th).
It was fast and furious this morning. Hope that you got in on the action. Tickets were disappearing like snowflakes in Cancun.

thelorow

Oct 9, 2021
It was fast and furious this morning. Hope that you got in on the action. Tickets were disappearing like snowflakes in Cancun.
Yep, got mine by 12:15pm. Not many options available that early for even 2 tickets together, no idea how may were available for the general public sale on Friday.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
From the mailing list I'm on, this just was sent out:

10 tickets available for the Olympic Wrestling Trials being held at Penn State the weekend of April 19th and 20th.

There are 4 sessions that weekend. Two on Friday and 2 on Saturday. The tickets are for all sessions.

I will sell in combinations of 2, 3, 5, or 10. All 10 are not together but they are all very close to each other. Sections 120 and 121 Rows C & D.

I'm looking to sell all sessions together or Friday only at this point. I will not sell Saturday until Friday is sold.

Please share this with any friends you have that might be interested in these. This is going to be a great event!

Contact Dave Cook

Call or text 717 495 2972

Email [email protected]

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
From the mailing list I'm on, this just was sent out on Feb. 12:

5 tickets available for the upcoming Olympic Trials April 19th and 20th at the BJC.

The seats are in Section 121 Row C Seats 101, 102, 103, 104, and 105. These seats are very close to the mats.

Prices are per seat per session.

I will sell in blocks of 2, 3 or 5.

Session 1 - $140 each

Session 2 - $150 each

Session 3 - $180 each

Session 4 - $200 each

I will sell all 4 sessions for $650 per seat.

CONTACT DAVE [email protected]

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
Tickets are still available on ticket master. I don't need tickets, but if I did, the best tickets for the price right now imo are 223 row B. That is at the bottom of the upper section, near the middle. 120$ for final session.

Niassne

Oct 19, 2021
Question
Anyone have an estimate of how long each session will be? Just trying to set up schedule and have not gone to anything like this before.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Question
Anyone have an estimate of how long each session will be? Just trying to set up schedule and have not gone to anything like this before.
Here's the USA Wrestling schedule:

Friday, April 19​

Session 1: 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM

Challenge Tournament: Preliminaries, Quarterfinals and Consolation Rounds*

(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)

*All championship matches will wrestle prior to consolation rounds

Session 2: 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Challange Tournament: Semifinals and Finals

(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)

Saturday, April 20​

Session 3: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Final 2 out of 3 Championship Series Round 1**

**Weights not currently qualified for the Olympics will wrestle in round 2

Challenge Tournament: Consolations, Consolation Semi-finals, 3rd place and True 3rd (if needed)

(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)

Session 4: 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Final 2 out of 3 Championship Series Round 2**

**Weights not currently qualified for the Olympics will wrestle in round 3 at beginning of session (if needed)

Final 2 out of 3 Championship Series Round 3 (If Needed)

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Limited ticket update from USA Wrestling:

Limited tickets remain for fans to attend the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling in all sessions. The event will be held at the Bryce Jordan Center at Penn State in State College, Pennsylvania, April 19-20.

This exciting competition will determine the wrestlers that will represent Team USA at the Olympic Games Paris 2024.

All-Session tickets are still available. In addition, single-session tickets are now available. Prices starting at $30 for Friday single-session tickets and $40 for Saturday single-session tickets (plus applicable taxes and fees) are now available.

Saturday night’s Session IV competition will be held on one raised mat. Special Session IV seats on the arena floor have been opened up for $100 each. (plus applicable taxes and fees).

To purchase tickets for U.S. Olympic Team Trials –Wrestling, visit:

https://am.ticketmaster.com/pennstate/ism/MjAyNFVTT1c=

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Limited ticket update from USA Wrestling:

Limited tickets remain for fans to attend the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling in all sessions. The event will be held at the Bryce Jordan Center at Penn State in State College, Pennsylvania, April 19-20.

This exciting competition will determine the wrestlers that will represent Team USA at the Olympic Games Paris 2024.

All-Session tickets are still available. In addition, single-session tickets are now available. Prices starting at $30 for Friday single-session tickets and $40 for Saturday single-session tickets (plus applicable taxes and fees) are now available.

Saturday night’s Session IV competition will be held on one raised mat. Special Session IV seats on the arena floor have been opened up for $100 each. (plus applicable taxes and fees).

To purchase tickets for U.S. Olympic Team Trials –Wrestling, visit:

https://am.ticketmaster.com/pennstate/ism/MjAyNFVTT1c=
Awesome. Glad their are a limited amounts of tickets available. Have a couple relatives from out of state coming in. Wow. Inane wrestling matches coming up. Many of these guys are the best in the world. Absolutely can’t wait.