Penn State wrestling lands No. 1 Class of 2025 recruit PJ Duke

StickEm

Oct 30, 2021
Serious logjam with 5 blue chippers with redshirts and 3 or 4 years of eligibility each at 157 and 165 LBs. (Duke, Sealey, Haines, Messenbrink and Facundo)

Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Serious logjam with 5 blue chippers with redshirts and 3 or 4 years of eligibility each at 157 and 165 LBs. (Duke, Sealey, Haines, Messenbrink and Facundo)
I would not be surprised to see Facundo end up in the portal, but your point is valid. I also don’t see Haines holding 157 much longer either. He is still young and looks to have the frame to grow.

Reactions: Michnit

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Amazing the talent that Cael draws to Penn State. Years ago when David Taylor was a freshman at Penn State, PSU wrestled in a tournament in Binghamton NY which I went to. David was walking out of bathroom and he saw me in PSU clothes. He was very friendly and easy to talk to for a few minutes. He stated that he had orally committed to another college but when Cael was hired at PSU he flipped his commitment to wrestle for Cael-the rest is history, 2 time Hodge winner, 3 time world champ i believe, and Olympic gold medal plus being a great human being. Hopefully tradition at PSU will stay strong and PJ has good health and great success at PSU!!

Reactions: Michnit

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
I would not be surprised to see Facundo end up in the portal, but your point is valid. I also don’t see Haines holding 157 much longer either. He is still young and looks to have the frame to grow.
You know, out of HS I’ve felt that Facundo would be a true star. He still might be, but his work is really cut out for him with the number of high quality wrestlers at his weight class. What a great problem for Cael to have.

Reactions: LB99

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
Amazing the talent that Cael draws to Penn State. Years ago when David Taylor was a freshman at Penn State, PSU wrestled in a tournament in Binghamton NY which I went to. David was walking out of bathroom and he saw me in PSU clothes. He was very friendly and easy to talk to for a few minutes. He stated that he had orally committed to another college but when Cael was hired at PSU he flipped his commitment to wrestle for Cael-the rest is history, 2 time Hodge winner, 3 time world champ i believe, and Olympic gold medal plus being a great human being. Hopefully tradition at PSU will stay strong and PJ has good health and great success at PSU!!
What is kinda funny is when all the pundits & fans of other programs (in particular Iowa) said we’ll wait to see what he can do once his studs Taylor & Ruth were gone.

I guess that we’ve found out. 🤣🤣

Reactions: Indian rocks rich

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
There certainly appears to be more and more college ready kids. DT really needed the RS year but then was a full time finalist. Yeah, I used full time on purpose.

Latest posts