Penn State wrestling superlatives: Top moments and competitors in January, plus a prediction moving forward

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Pick, you’re making predictions now, I love it.

Actually, as for the Iowa match, I’m interested in seeing wether they roll out the football player at heavyweight.
I hope they do and Kerk ragdolls him.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Pick, you’re making predictions now, I love it.

Actually, as for the Iowa match, I’m interested in seeing wether they roll out the football player at heavyweight.
Ha! This is a magazine feature that usually but doesn’t always make it to the site. But I agree on Iowa.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
I don't get why Iowa is alternating between Hill and Keuter at this point. I think they would be better off picking one and riding them for the rest of the season. Alternating them is just hurting both of their development for this season. I've heard that they want to get Keuter his five allowed matches without burning his eligibility, but given his football commitment, preserving a year of wrestling eligibility is moot.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
I don't get why Iowa is alternating between Hill and Keuter at this point. I think they would be better off picking one and riding them for the rest of the season. Alternating them is just hurting both of their development for this season. I've heard that they want to get Keuter his five allowed matches without burning his eligibility, but given his football commitment, preserving a year of wrestling eligibility is moot.
Why is it moot? I don't think he played at all in football. Hence he has a shirted there.

Reactions: LB99

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
Why is it moot? I don't think he played at all in football. Hence he has a shirted there.
I suspect that Keuter(sp?) just isn’t wrestling ready to take on a bunch of high quality guys week after week. They might also feel that he’s the guy long term, so for now he’s taking matches that the other heavy could use in preparation for B10’s & Nationals

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
It doesn't matter if he redshirted for football this year or not. Unless he flames out in football, you will automatically lose a year of wrestling opportunity at the end of his time at Iowa. After his final season of football at Iowa, whenever that is, he will be preparing for the NFL draft, not rolling in the room. If he's serious about wrestling, Iowa needs to squeeze as much development into him as possible. If they don't think he will be the man for the post season this year, they need to have Hill wrestle the rest of the matches.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
It doesn't matter if he redshirted for football this year or not. Unless he flames out in football, you will automatically lose a year of wrestling opportunity at the end of his time at Iowa. After his final season of football at Iowa, whenever that is, he will be preparing for the NFL draft, not rolling in the room. If he's serious about wrestling, Iowa needs to squeeze as much development into him as possible. If they don't think he will be the man for the post season this year, they need to have Hill wrestle the rest of the matches.
He didn't play a down. Not looking good for NFL career.

Reactions: Michnit