Penn State wrestling takeaways: It's time to burn Levi Haines' redshirt; Parris tops Kerkvliet, more

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
@GregPickel Does Kerk have the flu or something? He looked lethargic…no lateral movement, level changes etc. I thought he had Parris solved. If Kerk was sick, they should have let Nevills wrestle. Also, according to PSU’s program Medley is ranked…23rd. Haines & Facundo matches were electric.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
@GregPickel Does Kerk have the flu or something? He looked lethargic…no lateral movement, level changes etc. I thought he had Parris solved. If Kerk was sick, they should have let Nevills wrestle. Also, according to PSU’s program Medley is ranked…23rd. Haines & Facundo matches were electric.
I don't know on Kerk, to be honest. Sanderson didn't seem worried/concerned about it, though. Think Sunday will tell us a lot.

On Medley, yeah, I just caught that error while putting together tomorrow's Michigan State preview. The story has been updated to reflect that. Thanks!

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
The world is not ending with a January loss for kerk. If he was sick, he was going to wrestle anyway. I highly doubt he wants anyone to think he ducked Paris, especially after everyone made a big deal out of Schultz "ducking" him last year.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
The world is not ending with a January loss for kerk. If he was sick, he was going to wrestle anyway. I highly doubt he wants anyone to think he ducked Paris, especially after everyone made a big deal out of Schultz "ducking" him last year.
Kerk's loss means he most likely will face Cassioppi and Parris at B1Gs. I'm not worried about Kerk either, he just was not himself last night and that was obvious in the 2nd period.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Penn State has done a good job this season protecting its rankings, and I don't mean by ducking. Small blip was Max Dean but he is back on track. Haines and Facundo will move up the rankings. Lots of wrestling left but getting good seeds at Nationals usually helps, not always, there are outliers.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

BrucePa

Oct 12, 2021
Heard one of the announcers say that this squad has a chance to top the 146 points that the 2017 squad had at nationals. That would be a heck of an accomplishment. I'm glad Franklin was in attendance last night so that he could see what "elite" looks like.

Steelhead52

Sep 23, 2021
I totally agree. While Kerk did seem slightly off, we just seem to forget what kind of athlete Paris is. I mean he was ranked #2 for a reason. I think Kerk will be fine and will be ready in March.

Reactions: Sluggo52

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
Penn State has done a good job this season protecting its rankings, and I don't mean by ducking. Small blip was Max Dean but he is back on track. Haines and Facundo will move up the rankings. Lots of wrestling left but getting good seeds at Nationals usually helps, not always, there are outliers.
Dean has a tough match tomorrow against a guy who beat him last year from Michigan State.

Reactions: Garw

Latest posts