Pick'Em Results for Week 10 posted

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
in the pinned thread at the top of the board.

The gods must have decided to have some fun with the first Pick'Em after BWI moved to On3. Twak and yours truly tied for 1st place, with 27 points. Due to the tiebreakers, twak took the weekly honors. What are the odds of something like that happening? In all the years of competition, I don't think twak and I ever tied for 1st place in the weekly competition.

In the season-long competition, PSU Paul remained in sole possession of 1st place, with 199 points, but there was a lot of movement in the standings.

In the real competition, as noted above, twak and I tied in the weekly competition with 27 points, but the twakker bested me due to the tiebreakers. In the season-long competition, I remain well ahead of twak, 196 points to 168 points.

The Week 11 slate has been posted. It's a pretty big one, with 32 games. It includes one Friday night game.

As always, best of luck to all that play, including @twak

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
I still think Monterey Lion wins it all again this year. His "dropped points" advantage could very well push him over the top during the last two weeks.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I still think Monterey Lion wins it all again this year. His "dropped points" advantage could very well push him over the top during the last two weeks.

It's possible @MontereyLion wins it -- as I said last week, he's always a formidable competitor. His two dropped weeks are scores of 20 points. Of those ahead of him, NitneLiun, Nittany.Lion, and yours truly have one dropped score of 19 points. As such, if the slates in the final two weeks are below 20 games, it's not as though he'd gain a great deal. I think the next two weeks, which should feature full slates, should go a long way toward determining who will be the ultimate winner.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I tied paulrandythomas for Pick of the Week: He got Boise over Fresno and I got South Carolina over Florida. I'd like to award myself the tiebreaker for picking Memphis, Purdue and TCU but those were cancelled by other boneheaded selections like Washington and Georgia Southern so we'll simply keep the tie.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

MontereyLion

Oct 6, 2021
In previous years the last 2 weeks were conference title games etc. which made for very light game weeks. Those two 20s would have helped me in those years. This year there is only 1 light game week. That means only 1 of those 20s will be used. It will help me some but not enough. I'm just hoping to beat Tom.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew