Pick'Em Results posted for Week 1

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Fox Chapel Lion started the season off with a great score, besting the field with 33 points.

As the season-long competition allows all contestants to drop their lowest two weeks, I refrain from posting season-long results until either the 3rd or 4th week of the competition.

In the real competition, @twak showed that he's done a lot of studying this summer, as he bested me, 32 points to 30 points.

The week 2 slate will be posted later today (it says "on or after Tuesday, September 6, 2022").

As always, best of luck to all that play, including @twak

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Fox Chapel Lion started the season off with a great score, besting the field with 33 points.

As the season-long competition allows all contestants to drop their lowest two weeks, I refrain from posting season-long results until either the 3rd or 4th week of the competition.

In the real competition, @twak showed that he's done a lot of studying this summer, as he bested me, 32 points to 30 points.

The week 2 slate will be posted later today (it says "on or after Tuesday, September 6, 2022").

As always, best of luck to all that play, including @twak

It was close as we almost had to revoke your future vacation privileges during football season... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
A huge slate in Week 2, with 44 games. One game is on Friday, and the rest are on Saturday. Remember to get your Friday pick in and the tiebreaker picks in before the start of the Friday game.

Best of luck to all that play, including @twak

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
as I said in another thread - How is Yahoo favoring a 21st ranked BYU over 9th ranked Baylor this week? That seems rather odd...

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
as I said in another thread - How is Yahoo favoring a 21st ranked BYU over 9th ranked Baylor this week? That seems rather odd...

I've never opted for it, but I believe you can set up a group Pick'Em so that all contestants are betting against the odds.

I don't pay much attention to the odds, and hardly an an expert on them. That said, BYU opened in Vegas as a 3 point favorite. Most bookmakers now have BYU at either -3.5 or -4. I don't believe that Yahoo favors any team. They just use the odds for each game in the slate at the time they post the slate. (I have no idea how they handle games that are "off" in terms of odds due to serious injuries, or if if the favorite switches on the Yahoo presentation if during the week the team that opened as the underdog, odds wise, becomes the favorite.) In short, going by the current odds it appears that Yahoo has the teams shown correctly.

Reactions: Nittany1865Farmer

Latest posts