Poll: What will Penn State look like in 50 years?

What will Penn State look like in 50 years?

• Much like it is today in size and scope.

• Bigger in size and scope.

• Smaller in size and scope (e.g., focus on STEM, fewer campuses, limited to no athletics).

• Online only (World Campus).

• There will be no Penn State.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
What will Penn State look like in 50 years?

It’s going to be bigger and less reputable; once the smaller PA schools are no longer sustainable and close there will be fewer options and Penn State, to my knowledge, isn’t in the business of getting smaller (unless you count branch campuses, which may close, but I am talking exclusively about UP here).

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I think it will be developed sort of akin to the last Newhart episode dream. Only it most likely won't be Japanese ownership.

Reactions: LionJim

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
Let's assume WW3 happens within that time. I imagine some militia seizes the complex because of the agrarian value they seem to highly value and doesn't PSU have a Nuclear Reactor on Campus. Tons of resources and isolated as you can be in large numbers. Of course that is relative.

Shalom

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
the opposite of ye olde sub shop, doing lines in the phone booth outside the lions den and lifting in rec hall.

Last edited:

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Apples and Oranges since OSU is in a major metropolitan and Penn State isn’t, not to mention OSU medical complex being right by campus and not 2 hrs away like Hershey, but the way OSU continues to grow and build with focus on health and innovation is amazing. I hate OSU athletics, but have to applaud them on the academic side.

All that to say, I don’t see UP changing much. Innovation Park should be busting at the seams with them running out of land. Not the case.

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
Each county will have a branch campus with an average student head count of 47

The BOT will still be asking for more state money