Blumer with 3:21 in RT, up 3-1 headed to 3rd
Quick reversal, up 5-1

4:30 in RT, nice win

Reactions: PSU Mike

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Claw with 1 RT, up 2-1, with a minute to go in the first
Claw with another TD, up 4-1 headed to 2nd 1:32 in rt

Lehigh takes down, Claw going for far side cradle, can't get it, stalling on Lehigh.

Stall on Claw........rides out period, Claw to take neutral

Claw with TD, coaches want TB to cut, finally cuts him with :40 to go.

7-1 Claw, nice win. Better listen to the coaches when they tell you to cut the guy.

Last edited:

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Penn State forfeits heavyweight and wins 23-16. Heck of a weekend for the Lions. Hard-fought two wins for Cael Sanderson's team.
Greg,
Are you part of the media who interviewers Cael or wrestlers ?

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Max Dean is a freaking beast. We’re definitely gonna need his ability to bonus guys moving forward. Great guy to talk with off the mat too. Very humble.

Reactions: SRATH

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Tony Negron could go at 157. Him or Barraclough. Other will wrestle in an extra match. There will be one at 149, too. Do not count for the team score, of course.
157 and 165 are going to be very tough to overcome against the better competition. Blame our admission for not having Wick for 165. Huge hurt piece to our team. Yet gets into Cal poly. What a freaking joke. Cael’s still pissed. Oh well our better guys must be bonus machines. Some help at 125 should be coming in a couple weeks.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Here's Max getting close to a defensive pin. Watch Casey jump up and tell him to be careful.

9E16917C-6ECB-4870-A230-A2E91B23E7CA.gif

• Wow
Reactions: SRATH

seeyajohn

Oct 8, 2021
With the exception of Max Dean, the current stars of the Penn State team have a tough time turning opponents. Compare RBY, Nick, Carter and Aaron to Retherford, Nolf,, Hall, and Nickal. Before that there were Taylor,, Wright and Ruth. All of those previous champs turned most of their opponents. As great as they are, the current group does not have the mat skills of previous champions.

Reactions: TheButcher2

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
With the exception of Max Dean, the current stars of the Penn State team have a tough time turning opponents. Compare RBY, Nick, Carter and Aaron to Retherford, Nolf,, Hall, and Nickal. Before that there were Taylor,, Wright and Ruth. All of those previous champs turned most of their opponents. As great as they are, the current group does not have the mat skills of previous champions.
Truth. How do you teach these accomplished kids to be pinners at this point?

ChrisRN1965

Oct 7, 2021
157 and 165 are going to be very tough to overcome against the better competition. Blame our admission for not having Wick for 165. Huge hurt piece to our team. Yet gets into Cal poly. What a freaking joke. Cael’s still pissed. Oh well our better guys must be bonus machines. Some help at 125 should be coming in a couple weeks.
Negron was impressive. Nearly beat the #10 ranked wrestler. Hope he gets more opportunities to earn the spot.

Ernie Ladd

Oct 31, 2021
Negron was impressive. Nearly beat the #10 ranked wrestler. Hope he gets more opportunities to earn the spot.

You could see, early in the match, that he had a confidence about himself. He had a mat presence that spoke well.

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Nick Lee has had his share of pins and turning guys. He hasn't looked then same the last 2 matches this weekend due to recovering from the flu.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

shak_psu66

Nov 22, 2021
The calls were obviously very close real time - but I think personally they got them right after reviewing. All of them. Full disclosure I went to Lehigh undergrad and PSU for grad. I think Rivera is a solid ref, not perfect but I haven't seen one of those yet.

a_mshaffer

Oct 13, 2021
The calls were obviously very close real time - but I think personally they got them right after reviewing. All of them. Full disclosure I went to Lehigh undergrad and PSU for grad. I think Rivera is a solid ref, not perfect but I haven't seen one of those yet.
I don't agree with you. After watching those shrugs and a finger touching the mat for a split second in the NCAA championships (Censo/Imar) and the Stieber/Oliver decisions...

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Watch the ref follow it all the way as he gives 2. Negron has control but just didn't get his head out. I still think it's 2 (unless it was Negron who was under, then it's not 2 😀)

View attachment 164240

So I shared this with a college wrestling ref. His take: the angle in the video doesn't show Negron's right arm. If his right arm is around the waist of Humphreys, then it's a TD. If the right arm isn't around the waist, then it's not a TD.

Reactions: Potterlion

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
So I shared this with a college wrestling ref. His take: the angle in the video doesn't show Negron's right arm. If his right arm is around the waist of Humphreys, then it's a TD. If the right arm isn't around the waist, then it's not a TD.
Does anyone have the reverse angle? This could be like the Zapruder film for PSU wrestling. Please all, stop what you’re doing and find the video! 😉

Oct 30, 2021
Not true. Eddie Smith would have wrestled 285.
Not true.
  1. At PSWC social Cody replied "We have options." after being asked "Beard at heavyweight?"
  2. Eddie Smith was introduced.
  3. Beard was warming up in view during 197 match. (Smith nowhere in sight.)
  4. Cael said in the post dual presser that Beard would've wrestled 285 if that bout mattered and Michael was ready to go.