PSU WLAX 2022 Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this thread to discuss the PSU WLAX offseason, the 2022 preseason, in-season, postseason (B1Gs & NCAAs), and then offseason news about the team, former players, etc.

I'm not copying all the posts in the same thread from the former site. I'm just picking things up at this point in the season.

Reactions: Hlstone

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
A few things:

- Drexel has a lot of experienced players, and a new coach. It's always hard to know what a team will be like at the start of a season, but Drexel is a dangerous team for PSU to start off the season
- it will be interesting to see how PSU does without Olivia Dirks, who portaled to UNC after last season. She was PSU's best player, and not somebody a team would want to lose
- it's interesting that new assistant coach Katrina Geiger is handling defense. She was an attack in high school, and started out as either an attack or midi in college. After one (or was it two; I forget) knee injuries in college, she was switched to defense. Her mom, who still coaches HS LAX, was a legendary attacker back in the day

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
- Drexel has a lot of experienced players, and a new coach. It's always hard to know what a team will be like at the start of a season, but Drexel is a dangerous team for PSU to start off the season

Appears my concerns were warranted.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
PSU took their 1st lead of the match with 11:44 left in the competition. Alas, they couldn't maintain their lead, and suffered another 1-point loss.

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules