Random question: stats on 2 pt conversions

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
So do the "statistics" that are generated during a 2 point conversion attempt "count" or are they simply chalked up as a converted or failed PAT?

Example....we line up for a 2 point conversion. Clifford throws a pick in the endzone? Does that count as an interception or a failed PAT?

We line up for a 2 PT conversion. Singleton off tackle for the score. Does he get those 3 yards in his rushing totals or is it just a successful PAT?

Don't know why I care....just curious.

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
So do the "statistics" that are generated during a 2 point conversion attempt "count" or are they simply chalked up as a converted or failed PAT?

Example....we line up for a 2 point conversion. Clifford throws a pick in the endzone? Does that count as an interception or a failed PAT?

We line up for a 2 PT conversion. Singleton off tackle for the score. Does he get those 3 yards in his rushing totals or is it just a successful PAT?

Don't know why I care....just curious.
I think stats on 2 point conversions are not included in other stats.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
OK, team attempts to kick a PAT, it's blocked and the defensive team returns it but fumbles and the ball is picked up by the initial kicking team and run in - how many points? But wait, what if during the fumble return, after the kicking team has regained possession, the defensive team is called for a penalty. Then that penalty is reviewed ...

• Haha
Reactions: PSU87