Rank the Transfers

Scangg

Heisman
Mar 19, 2016
25,455
49,387
113
2 part question

How would you rank the transfers in terms of who is the most disappointing so far this season?

How would you rank the transfers on who is most likely to contribute the most from this point on the rest of the season?
 

RUby RED

All-Conference
Aug 9, 2010
1,857
2,683
0
3 have zero athleticism. Dercack has some but no length....Length and athleticism wins. Pike should have known better becuase that's how we won his 1st 5 years...
Still crazy to me a guy who's coached in the Big Ten for nearly a decade thought these guys were high-major players. I’m not even saying they were his first choices but they should have been DQ’d on athleticism alone. Dercack would be fine if he was the 3rd or 4th best transfer we brought on board but somehow he’s the best of them
 
  • Like
Reactions: RutgersClassof2004

seansherm

Heisman
Feb 20, 2009
15,712
16,411
113
Acuff and his injury are most disappointing. I had no idea what to expect from Derkack and had almost no positive expectations for Martini and Hayes. Sadly, I'm not sure Acuff will be healthy this year, his gait still seems off.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Scangg

Mr. Magoo1

Heisman
Nov 15, 2001
15,568
16,477
113
Derkack (A10)
Acuff (A10)
Hayes (Northeast)
Martini (Ivy, and that’s only becaue I’ve seen him succeed there)
 

Scangg

Heisman
Mar 19, 2016
25,455
49,387
113
Derkack (A10)
Acuff (A10)
Hayes (Northeast)
Martini (Ivy, and that’s only becaue I’ve seen him succeed there)
So you're ranking Derkack the most disappointing when he probably had the lowest expectations and the captain with the highest expectations the least disappointing?

That seems pretty wild to me
 
Dec 5, 2022
1,346
1,664
0
Still crazy to me a guy who's coached in the Big Ten for nearly a decade thought these guys were high-major players. I’m not even saying they were his first choices but they should have been DQ’d on athleticism alone. Dercack would be fine if he was the 3rd or 4th best transfer we brought on board but somehow he’s the best of them
Derkack was also offered by Penn state and usc somehow. Too bad he didn’t chose them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: soundcrib

fluoxetine

Heisman
Nov 11, 2012
23,529
16,898
0
Derkack is definitely the least disappointing. He does some good things and could be a reasonable role player at this level imo.

Hayes second least, he was like the fourth choice for his spot and is just cold at the moment. He doesn’t belong at this level but will eventually knock down some threes or something.

Acuff and Martini have both been absolute zeros; Martini has hurt us more but that’s mainly because Pike keeps putting him on the court for some reason.

Derkack most likely to contribute
 
  • Like
Reactions: RutgersClassof2004

Mr. Magoo1

Heisman
Nov 15, 2001
15,568
16,477
113
Derkack (A10)
Acuff (A10)
Hayes (Northeast)
Martini (Ivy, and that’s only becaue I’ve seen him succeed there)
Sorry, mis-read it. I actually ranked them according to their value IMO. I think Acuff is actually the most disappointing. Even though I wasn’t that impressed with him last year when I saw him play a couple of times, I held out hope that due to his scoring numbers, I was wrong.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game
  3. 03 The Knight Report Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Hot Seat: USA Today identifies coaches facing mounting pressure
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Four