RBY needs to be wrestling Thomas Gillman everyday.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
He still looks good but I think he can reach another level. JMO. We need him bonus points from him even against top 5 guys. Like DT and Bo from the past they wanted to tech fall or better yet pin every guy they wrestled no matter the ranking. That’s exactly how you stay elite.

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
RBY has commented how Gilman has made him better and tougher wrestler. It sounds like they wrestle a lot. He is different type of wrestler than Bo or Taylor, but the vast majority are different. He is exciting, a winner ,determined, confident and maybe the quickest wrestler I've ever seen . He has moves we have never seen before . Love watching our NCAA champ, which is pretty elite and pretty special.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
RBY has commented how Gilman has made him better and tougher wrestler. It sounds like they wrestle a lot. He is different type of wrestler than Bo or Taylor, but the vast majority are different. He is exciting, a winner ,determined, confident and maybe the quickest wrestler I've ever seen . He has moves we have never seen before . Love watching our NCAA champ, which is pretty elite and pretty special.
Totally agree. However with his skill level he should be tech falling or pinning guys in the top 10 !!! That’s my main point. Just looks a little too satisfied for my eyes. You know if everyone is patting you on the back all the time that can be a detriment.

Oct 31, 2021
Totally agree. However with his skill level he should be tech falling or pinning guys in the top 10 !!! That’s my main point. Just looks a little too satisfied for my eyes. You know if everyone is patting you on the back all the time that can be a detriment.
Need to dominate on the mat and turn ppl. Catch and release at that level tough. But W RBY all is possible . He s building to peak performance at end of season . imo. Patience. He s much stronger than ppl give him credit

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
I get frustrated as well that RBY didn’t get the TF the other night, that Nick has fallen a point short of a major or TF a couple times this season (including the other night), that AB should beat Keck 13-2 and not 3-2, and then I remember a) how spoiled I’ve become with such greatness, b) that they’re building towards March (per LI Lion), c) how tough it is to turn someone, and d) how tough D1 wrestling is overall. And when I criticize someone for getting winded towards the end of the match, I think about how tough it was to go 6 minutes back in my most fit days and how difficult it is must be to all your effort and force against men of near-equal strength for 7 minutes. Today, I could probably go 30 seconds, maybe 45 if I’m lucky, before throwing up.

Back to the original topic, I suspect all the undergrads feel extremely fortunate to practice against the graduates who are among the best in the world. I recall there are limitations where the NLWC can’t join a PSU practice (something like that), but the PSU guys can join the NLWC. But I suspect it’s not a matter of desire among RBY and others to wrestle the NLWC guys, but it’s probably availability, time, timing, etc. You think Kerk doesn’t want to train with Snyder? He’s followed him all over the country. But Kerk’s a student as well, and Snyder’s running all over the world kicking a$$.

Speaking of Snyder, you see he’s wrestling Cox in best of three the day before NCAAs in March? It’s on Rudy’s+, which of course sponsors Snyder - but I had no idea until now they had a streaming service.

Reactions: LI Lion Bvdstf

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Just expect RBY to be on a completely different level. Similar to DT his Sr year. Believe it or not RBY has more skills.