Read everything Penn State head coach James Franklin had to say following loss in Peach Bowl

Madsol

Oct 6, 2021
That’s just idiotic. Is there a greater chance of injury in the second half?
Seriously. Heck, if you're going to play only one half, sit out the first half and see if the team needs you in the second half. The whole thing is just silly. Again, all of them played against Rutgers and MSU. And for the whole game (or at least until the MSU game was out of hand). Easy to argue those games were far less meaningful than yesterday's game. Yet they played.

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
We used to have a coach who told us little and warned us that we were never as good or as bad as we thought we were.

Now we have a coach who can't STFU and sells us some of the weakest excuses imaginable.

I miss Obie.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
We used to have a coach who told us little and warned us that we were never as good or as bad as we thought we were.

Now we have a coach who can't STFU and sells us some of the weakest excuses imaginable.

I miss Obie.
become a Cheatriots fan

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

I miss Obie.
Yeah I dream of the days we were 7-5.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Your dreams may come true sooner than you think. The days of in-conference scheduling that all but guaranteed six wins are over.

NIL and portal (unless changed) combined with tougher schedule will push PSU to back five of top 20 as programs like Ole Miss, Arizona, Mizzou, Colorado and Tennessee move up. The 12 team playoff won’t help.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
NIL and portal (unless changed) combined with tougher schedule will push PSU to back five of top 20 as programs like Ole Miss, Arizona, Mizzou, Colorado and Tennessee move up. The 12 team playoff won’t help.
Could be. Don't know why PSU doesn't do better in the portal. And I thought Kraft had NIL fixed. Guess that shindig at the shore earlier this year wasn't enough.

Reactions: Midnighter

Charlie1978

Dec 8, 2022
Alabama is the best football program in the country, and has been for a very long time.day
Yes they have been in this century. no doubt. no argument here. But if you start the clock from the penalty against Kansas in the 1968 Orange Bowl, which is all I care about as a self centered boomer, then we are the most consistent and resilient, not even close. Nobody's season mattered, nobody was anybody in that period unless then beat us. There are 5 programs that matter as benchmarks in the modern era, Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, USC and Texas. The rest are jet jobs who wish they could carry our jocks...Clemson, Miami, FSU, Georgia, Oregon. I will concede that NIL threatens us in this century and our run may be over but until someone other than Alabama under Saban comes along, we are the standard for multi decade excellence

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Your dreams may come true sooner than you think. The days of in-conference scheduling that all but guaranteed six wins are over.
Keep hoping…you say this every year and it doesn’t happen.

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
Questions nobody asked JF;

1. Down 14 why try a 54 yard fg?
2. Down 14 why not go for 4th and 2 inside the Ole Miss 50?
3. Did you ever consider giving Pribula a series or even two in the 2nd half?
4. Why leave Cater in the game when he could barley walk?

Reactions: Nits74
Oct 12, 2021
I always hope for an upward trajectory for Penn State. I’m such an a$$hole.

😞

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Yes they have been in this century. no doubt. no argument here. But if you start the clock from the penalty against Kansas in the 1968 Orange Bowl, which is all I care about as a self centered boomer, then we are the most consistent and resilient, not even close. Nobody's season mattered, nobody was anybody in that period unless then beat us. There are 5 programs that matter as benchmarks in the modern era, Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, USC and Texas. The rest are jet jobs who wish they could carry our jocks...Clemson, Miami, FSU, Georgia, Oregon. I will concede that NIL threatens us in this century and our run may be over but until someone other than Alabama under Saban comes along, we are the standard for multi decade excellence
I hold that era with a similar fondness, but it will carry little influence moving forward, which is all that matters now. Trouble is, our run is over and is unlikely to return anytime soon. It appears that things will not get better and likely will only get worse. Mediocrity has become more the accepted standard these days.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Be like Grim Reaper and hope for a downward trajectory.
Or be a dipstick and misquote others. "Not upward" means level and/or downward, not simply downward. And I am not hoping or wishing for "not upward,' merely expecting it. Now you can return to diddling yourself.