Recruiting and The Jimmy Kennedy Effect

Oct 31, 2021
Jimmy is a great addition to our staff no doubt! What a wrestling career and star young coach! I hear he works great w the student athletes! At NW I hear he was a recruiting animal . Just look at some of their commits . He had the academics as a major selling point but he got some high level kids. Seems to have an eye for those w potential , huge upsides and kids that learn and grow into high level college wrestlers . Thoughts on effect he ll have on our recruiting. Has major Midwest connections, etc. I think Penn State , Cael and the culture attract kids in and of itself. But Jimmy no doubt will be a major piece in this. Just curious about others thoughts…….. Thanks snd Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Reactions: Kevin310
Oct 31, 2021
Fantasy wish list: he gets Cannon to flip to PSU next season at 133.

A guy can dream, right?
I m right there w you NittanyChris! Might not be a dream. Cannon w 4 yrs eligibility left. Depends on his wrestling goals ( NC ? , FS career ? NLWC etc and relationship w Jimmy - imo. Deaugustino another one- he improves every time I see him and only a Soph.. Main thing to overcome is the academics . NW sells themselves as a small big 10 school w Ivy League quality academics. PSU has “a lot “ to offer from a non wrestling standpoint as well. Different experience that offers great opportunities after wrestling. No inside info but it s possible. Happy Thanksgiving!

Latest posts