RIP Tommy Smothers....86 years old...

psuro

Oct 12, 2021

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I was not old enough to see The Who perform on the Smother's Brothers show, but I believe that is when Pete lost his hearing - because Moonie had decided to explode the drum kit and Pete was not ready for it.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
They were very important voices who refused to bend to critics, censorship, and the government. They undoubtedly ruffled many a people’s feathers and their impact to the time is understated. They were definitely way ahead of their time. Thanks for your contribution Tommy.

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I love the pinstripe suit in the Who clip. 1967 must have been good times, if you were hip.

northwoods

Oct 30, 2021
IMO we have a lot to be thankful for as relates to the legacy of challenging hypocrisy and misguided authority established by the Smothers Brothers (and Rowan and Martin). They would have a field day with our ineffectual government and the state of our political parties today.

Last edited:
Reactions: ODShowtime

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Ur the best, I’m glad you agree with it. In many ways the Rock reminds me of myself. Strong, gorgeous, rich
If you meant this jokingly, it’s all good. If you meant this seriously, seek help. First Tom Smothers, then The Rock. Who’s next, The Honky Tonk Man?

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
RIP Tommy.

Dick and Tommy were talented (musically, comically, and physically), and topical. They sort of set the tone (along w/ Laugh-In). As a kid w/ quite a few Duncans, Tommy's yo-yo abilities always grabbed my attention

They gave Glen the Goodtime Hour as a summer fill-in and it did quite well. Writers included Rob Reiner, McLean Stevenson, Steve Martin, and Mason Williams. Performers too many to mention. They both always had nice things to say about Glen up until his death.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
RIP Tommy.

Dick and Tommy were talented (musically, comically, and physically), and topical. They sort of set the tone (along w/ Laugh-In). As a kid w/ quite a few Duncans, Tommy's yo-yo abilities always grabbed my attention

They gave Glen the Goodtime Hour as a summer fill-in and it did quite well. Writers included Rob Reiner, McLean Stevenson, Steve Martin, and Mason Williams. Performers too many to mention. They both always had nice things to say about Glen up until his death.
Well done.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
My sister sent this to me yesterday. Fantastic impersonation. I had forgotten how great the banter was between Tom and Dick. Terrific timing.

The timing was amazing, and like you, I had forgotten how good the banter was between them.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul

Latest posts