Rumor has it, it's playoffs or the door for Matt Rhule. If he's let go, do we go after him?

Xtreme

Sep 5, 2022
If Rhule is fired, I would assume he would head back to college. And I mean, we're not too far from Charlotte. Do we make a push for him, or do we stick with Squeak from BASEketball? Knowing us, we'll pass, keep Beamer and finish every season at 6-6 with a trip to Charlotte for the 'No One Gives A **** Bowl,' just like the good ol' days.

• Haha
Reactions: Lakecock1

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
No way. People are overreacting to a bad loss - but to a team that is going to give most everyone on their schedule a bad loss. UGA is a juggernaut right now, and that QB of theirs is better than any five star QB they've ever had. Right now the season is going exactly how everyone predicted it should. Lose on the road to a top 10 team, and at home to the #1 team. Let the season play out before even considering firing a second-year coach.

Xtreme

Sep 5, 2022
No way. People are overreacting to a bad loss - but to a team that is going to give most everyone on their schedule a bad loss. UGA is a juggernaut right now, and that QB of theirs is better than any five star QB they've ever had. Right now the season is going exactly how everyone predicted it should. Lose on the road to a top 10 team, and at home to the #1 team. Let the season play out before even considering firing a second-year coach.
You can't walk and chew gum at the same time? It's hypothetical and this is a message board. What else is there to discuss early in the week? We could be headed for a 3-9 or a 4-8 season, so it's not like this is some far-fetched possibility. Fans are getting impatient, and we have a recruiting class that may bolt if things don't improve. If a proven college HC becomes available and your current HC is regressing, along with a restless fan-base, Tanner may need to man-up and make that tough call.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
If Rhule is fired, I would assume he would head back to college. And I mean, we're not too far from Charlotte. Do we make a push for him, or do we stick with Squeak from BASEketball? Knowing us, we'll pass, keep Beamer and finish every season at 6-6 with a trip to Charlotte for the 'No One Gives A **** Bowl,' just like the good ol' days.
Why are you even discussing replacing a coach 1 yr and 3 games into his tenure?

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Dude. If you really want Carolina to fire Beamer now, you need to just step back and come back in a couple years. Otherwise you're just going to be very miserable.

TeeCock

Jan 21, 2022
The problem is: the OL! If you can block, a lot of QBs can look good.🏈

Reactions: Bwellgolf

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
This is what happens when you follow up one lame hire with another total gamble. Beamer has at least 3 years but he needs to avoid having any more soul sucking blowouts on our soil if he wants to keep the peace along the way.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
Unreal! We finally have a young, energetic coach who loves this place and wants to be here, plus a staff who clearly know how to recruit and you want another coach after losing to the #1 team in the country. Simply unreal.
I concur, however he is going to have some decisions to make on his staff. He can't let that bring him down.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
Why are you even discussing replacing a coach 1 yr and 3 games into his tenure?
troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

Cockybren

Joined Aug 28, 2016
Feb 5, 2022
Dumb post of the day.

• Love
Reactions: Senior Rooster

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Maybe if he spent more time coaching and less time doing those hilarious SEC skits, he wouldn't be on the hot seat.

OJV

Feb 13, 2022
And we will regret it, like we did with Muschamp. Missed out on Smart because we needed to "GiVe HiM tImE."
All Smart is another Muschamp that had a pre-made championship team fall in his lap! Give Beamer time...He will catch up!

Reactions: cockpitcock

Tmac061

Joined Aug 29, 2019
Jan 18, 2022
No!! We help him with his resume and see if they will take Sat. as part of the deal!! 😂

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
You can't walk and chew gum at the same time? It's hypothetical and this is a message board. What else is there to discuss early in the week? We could be headed for a 3-9 or a 4-8 season, so it's not like this is some far-fetched possibility. Fans are getting impatient, and we have a recruiting class that may bolt if things don't improve. If a proven college HC becomes available and your current HC is regressing, along with a restless fan-base, Tanner may need to man-up and make that tough call.
Ahh yes…another new member, just joined to post the most negative stuff you can under the old “hypothetical“ guise. We know, you’re a lifelong fan, Yama Yama Yama.

If Matt Rhule is let go, do we try to get him. Fair question. The rest of it is straight out of the tater social media playbook. When do they issue you your paycheck. You a$$ clowns are so easy to spot.

Spot The Ball

Sep 10, 2022
Beamer and any other coach needs at least 3 - 5 years to get us to a 10 win season (IF) it can be done again. I know Spurrier did it but he had some great players who grew up gamecock fans that fell into his lap . Say what you want but look at Spurriers last two recruiting classes. He saw the writing on the wall and left.

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Yeah, it's not like our defense hasn't given up 40+ points in back-to-back games or anything. TOTALLY fine.
Tell us you don't understand football without telling us you don't understand.

A poor offense can't hold the ball. This gives the other team more possessions. And a lot of time to score too. When the other team is UGA or @ARK, they make you pay for this. And when the offense throws interceptions, the team gets blown out.

I am not saying our defense is good, but they get no help.

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
All Smart is another Muschamp that had a pre-made championship team fall in his lap! Give Beamer time...He will catch up!
Why couldn't Richt win with the players Smart won with if they were so good? Since his first season Georgia has won the SEC, played for two NCs and won one and never finished outside the top 10 under Smart. Equating him to Muschamp is silly.

If Beamer is going to catch up, he better get busy. I like Beamer but so far, he still looks like a work in progress. I wasn't thrilled at hiring a position coach as head coach. Hopefully things will work out. I think he has to get 4 seasons or no legit coach is going to look at SC.

cltgamecockfan7

Jul 13, 2022
this is the worst take i've ever seen

Xtreme

Sep 5, 2022
OP is a tater troll
Boy, you guys are really something. Someone says something you don't agree with, TaToR tRoLl. Should I post a link to my Gamecocks Rivals forum account to show you I'm not? God forbid someone has a different opinion than you. I've been watching Gamecock football long enough to know if a team has potential, and this one does not. Beamer will be fired, it's inevitable. Y'all can be in denial all you want, but Beamer isn't the guy.

capngamecock

Joined Apr 11, 2019
Jan 26, 2022
Boy, you guys are really something. Someone says something you don't agree with, TaToR tRoLl. Should I post a link to my Gamecocks Rivals forum account to show you I'm not? God forbid someone has a different opinion than you. I've been watching Gamecock football long enough to know if a team has potential, and this one does not. Beamer will be fired, it's inevitable. Y'all can be in denial all you want, but Beamer isn't the guy.
New member comes in with a :poop: take like that. I can assume you're a tater all I want. Go back to taternet. I'm actually surprised you have internet or a cell reception out in the boonies.

Xtreme

Sep 5, 2022
New member comes in with :poop: take like that. I can assume you're a tater all I want. Go back to taternet. I'm actually surprised you have internet or a cell reception out in the boonies.
Must suck to live with that kind of paranoia. Go touch grass, boomer.

Latest posts