Saban quote...

Croomp

Jun 25, 2008
Everything that Brad Locke quoted Saban saying makes me mad. He is basically saying they are going to be more than ready and willing to whip our ***. Saban made a funny he said we execute our schemes and don't make a lot of mistakes.

<h2>Saban Says …</h2> <div class="entry"> <div class="snap_preview">

<font size="3">Some excerpts from Alabama coach Nick Saban's session on the SEC coaches teleconference this morning. He was raving about MSU:</font></p>

<font size="3">• "Mississippi State is a very good team. They have two one-point losses in the league, or they'd be right up in the thick of things."</font></p>

<font size="3">• "On offense, they have a lot more balance this year. They certainly present issues and problems for anyone defensively."</font></p>

<font size="3">• "I think Mississippi State has got as good a defensive team as anybody we've played all year."</font></p>

<font size="3">• "The thing they do (on defense) is they execute their schemes well and don't make a lot of mistakes."</font></p> </div> </div>

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
This is not an off week, but MSU's as close as it gets to beating off.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
but I think this part of the quote:
<font size="3">They certainly present issues and problems for anyone defensively.</font>
... may have incorrectly been tied to his throw away comment about state's offense being balanced. I think the above quote may have been about state's defense; i.e., "Their defense certainly presents issues and problems for anyone."

Sarc Dawg

Nov 9, 2003
On offense, they have a lot more balance this year.
Yeah- we can't pass or run well this year.
They certainly present issues and problems for anyone defensively.
Do I start my second string D at kickoff, or do I wait until we have a comfortable 7 point lead? How do I convince my starters they don't need to pad their stats that much...

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
they should just vote for him every single year regardless of his results so that we have to keep him forever.

saban must have smoked some really good stuff with his $4 million to be able to say something like that and not laugh</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
dawgstudent said:
• "On offense, they have a lot more balance this year. They certainly present issues and problems for anyone defensively."
We won't present them with any issues or problems they won't be able to solve pretty easily. But we're about as balanced an offensive team as there is. Play selection has been 52% run and 48% pass.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
he knows we could be 6-3 right now. He wants his guys to stay focused after playing @LSU. After the last two years they will be focused. I think this could get ugly. IF we lose I want us to lose big. I still want us to win. I don't care if means Croom stays.

was21

May 29, 2007
.don't know how to hire a head coach or where to look for one.......don't know when to fire a bad one. As far as knowing when to keep a good one, we have very little experience with any good ones, with a few exceptions.