Said to my Boys this morning as they're getting ready for school...

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
" You two are so lucky just got a text from the school district, school is cancelled for today and tomorrow." They were elated running back up to their rooms when I hit them with "April Fools!"

It crushed them.

Shalom

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Youtube Evil Smile GIF by Best.Cover.Ever

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
" You two are so lucky just got a text from the school district, school is cancelled for today and tomorrow." They were elated running back up to their rooms when I hit them with "April Fools!"

It crushed them.

Shalom
Oof. That’s priceless and cruel all in one.

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
OUT... effing... STANDING

Here is the best prank from my childhood... there is a small "mountain/hill" outside Boston called Blue Hills... was reported by a local TV news team to be erupting back in 1980. Caused widespread panic, schools evacuated, etc... People were fired.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Thats funny.

The schools around here(State College) are closed next Monday or Tuesday due to the eclipse. They don't want students getting their eyes burned out on school time.

Reactions: Bison13

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Thats funny.

The schools around here(State College) are closed next Monday or Tuesday due to the eclipse. They don't want students getting their eyes burned out on school time.
I guess this forces my hand here: I’ll see if there’s some data out there, on people going blind. Do animals go similarly blind if they stare at the eclipse? I would think that only humans are stupid enough to blind themselves but I’m sure there is a scientific consensus on the potential impact on animals.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I guess this forces my hand here: I’ll see if there’s some data out there, on people going blind. Do animals go similarly blind if they stare at the eclipse? I would think that only humans are stupid enough to blind themselves but I’m sure there is a scientific consensus on the potential impact on animals.
“About 100 people have gone blind from the 2017 eclipse.” Not sciency enough for me to link but that’s what I read.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
“About 100 people have gone blind from the 2017 eclipse.” Not sciency enough for me to link but that’s what I read.
I also read: Theoretically, It's possible for animals to go blind but their instincts are such that it's not an issue.