Sam Gash, Tony Sacca, Richie Anderson, Terry Smith, OJ McDuffie, Kyle Brady......

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
Would you bet/take that starting lineup for your skill sets vs any college football team playing right now.

That was PSU's lineup for the '92 Fiesta Bowl. YouTube suggested I watch that.

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
I would take my chances with those guys as the core skill position group. Anderson, Gash, OJ and Brady had long NFL careers and I believe all were pro bowl players at one point or another. As good as OSU and UM are, not sure they have 4 skill position players who will be pro bowl guys. And Terry and Sacca were really good college players.

Reactions: Mr. Potter

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I would take my chances with those guys as the core skill position group. Anderson, Gash, OJ and Brady had long NFL careers and I believe all were pro bowl players at one point or another. As good as OSU and UM are, not sure they have 4 skill position players who will be pro bowl guys. And Terry and Sacca were really good college players.
FWIW, Gash made two Pro Bowls as a FB, Anderson made one as a FB, and Brady/OJ were never named to a Pro Bowl.

Schoolie

Oct 12, 2021
Would you bet/take that starting lineup for your skill sets vs any college football team playing right now.

I wouldn’t hesitate

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021

That team finished number 3. Damn good team. I remember the kickoff classic at the meadowlands. That was a fun time. That Miami game was tough to swallow.

Reactions: psuno1 and Bob78

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
FWIW, Gash made two Pro Bowls as a FB, Anderson made one as a FB, and Brady/OJ were never named to a Pro Bowl.
Good information Erial and that surprises me. Brady played about a dozen years in the NFL and OJ played eight; I thought they both would have made a pro bowl. Looked up OJs stats; he had a 4 year run where he caught 62, 74, 76 and 90 passes. One more guy who was not mentioned in the OP is Troy Drayton, who also had a long NFL career.

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
That group is still potentially the 3rd best in the Big Ten East today.
OSU not ranked in the top 25 and UM was 6 in the polls at the end of the year. PSU was ranked ahead of a 11-1 Bama team.

Last edited:

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Good information Erial and that surprises me. Brady played about a dozen years in the NFL and OJ played eight; I thought they both would have made a pro bowl. Looked up OJs stats; he had a 4 year run where he caught 62, 74, 76 and 90 passes. One more guy who was not mentioned in the OP is Troy Drayton, who also had a long NFL career.
McDuffie may be the most under-appreciated PSU player of my lifetime.

Latest posts