Saturday night Miami at Kansas City kickoff temp forecast to be -5F

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Miami really f d away any chance for a deep run.
I would say injuries have f'ed up Miami. Not sure they were going to make a deep run anyway. They crush the weak teams and (except for Dallas) struggle vs. good teams.

Obliviax

Oct 12, 2021
Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Found out yesterday I won't be able to see the game unless I subscribe to Peacock. In other words I won't see it because I will not pay more than I already do for cable to watch a football game. Shame on the NFL!
I think you can get a trial for $1.99. Pay the $1.99 and make yourself a calendar reminder to canx before the 30 days.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Super Bowl I was played on January 15, 1967. Super Bowl II was January 14, 1968. So in the old days, this would be Super Bowl weekend and nobody would be worrying about frigid weather. I'd bet the NFL secretly loves bad weather games because it creates a buzz. The league is all about marketing.

Reactions: dcf4psu and psuno1

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Found out yesterday I won't be able to see the game unless I subscribe to Peacock. In other words I won't see it because I will not pay more than I already do for cable to watch a football game. Shame on the NFL!
Peacock's coverage of Big Ten sports is also really, really good. I've been shocked at the quality of the coverage of their PSU basketball games.

I personally got rid of cable to go with YoutubeTV, have subscriptions like Peacock, ESPN+, Paramount+, etc, and still pay way less than I did with cable. Moving to a more a la carte model has definitely helped out my wallet.

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
Peacock's coverage of Big Ten sports is also really, really good. I've been shocked at the quality of the coverage of their PSU basketball games.

I personally got rid of cable to go with YoutubeTV, have subscriptions like Peacock, ESPN+, Paramount+, etc, and still pay way less than I did with cable. Moving to a more a la carte model has definitely helped out my wallet.
Who provides your internet?

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Who provides your internet?
When I got my YoutubeTV, I moved from Xfinity to Verizon. My neighborhood isn’t wired for Fios, so I did their 5G internet, and it’s been great. I was worried about moving to wireless internet, but it’s been better than my wired internet was with xfinity.

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
When I got my YoutubeTV, I moved from Xfinity to Verizon. My neighborhood isn’t wired for Fios, so I did their 5G internet, and it’s been great. I was worried about moving to wireless internet, but it’s been better than my wired internet was with xfinity.
Yeah, I like my Xfinity internet so that's why I stay with traditional cable. I had Verizon DSL years ago.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Just checked and plans start at $5.99/ month with who knows how much in taxes and fees added to that. I'll pass.
Note that I don't have any additional fees/taxes added onto my digital subscriptions (Peacock, AppleTV, ESPN+, Paramount+, etc). Peacock charges me the $2.99/month that I got on the promotion before football season.

Reactions: dcf4psu

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
I think it's the right move...no reason to suck up valuable resources and put people on the roads unnecessarily with the storm potentially being as bad as it might be tomorrow. Though they'll have quite the task ahead of them to dig out the stadium for Monday.
Looking at the ECMWF forecast model it's showing 6" by 10PM tomorrow night south of Buffalo.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I think it's the right move...no reason to suck up valuable resources and put people on the roads unnecessarily with the storm potentially being as bad as it might be tomorrow. Though they'll have quite the task ahead of them to dig out the stadium for Monday.
Of course bookmaker isn't voiding my under bets. I get that it's their rules but still doesn't feel right.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
I hope all of Taylor swifts fans enjoy watching. Cause most will not be unless they are going to a bar.

Reactions: dcf4psu

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

I signed up for Peacock to get the PSU football game. I was going to cancel, but decided not to and I got some PSU basketball games and now the NFL game. Seems worth it for $5 a month plus they have some good TV shows on there.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

I have to disagree with you on the coverage though, some of their announcers sound like I’m watching a high school game then onto it off many times they come back to the game after a break and the commercial is still playing while the game is going. They’ve also come back to the game late and they missed some of the action. I assume they’ll get better.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I have to disagree with you on the coverage though, some of their announcers sound like I’m watching a high school game then onto it off many times they come back to the game after a break and the commercial is still playing while the game is going. They’ve also come back to the game late and they missed some of the action. I assume they’ll get better.
They are giving us 30 minute pregame shows with a good crew in the studio, and Robbie Hummel has been doing almost all of the basketball games that I’ve watched on Peacock…and he’s really good.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Remember the famous tuck rule game? Today that game would be canceled by the NFL that you correctly say has been pussified.
Perhaps there were bigger concerns for Buffalo than the football game. Just sayin.

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Buffalo was smart to move the game. It is NOT the cold. Bad snow today would make it difficult -and dangerous-for many to get to game. There is no mass transit near the stadium-it is all driving. New Yorkers(I live in NNY) are tough and can handle bad weather-but sometimes it is just smart to stay off the road-and today is one of those days.. Weather looks better for late tomorrow afternoon.

Latest posts