Sean Clifford

Lionpride90

Oct 12, 2021
I figured that's a good discussion for my first post on the new board. SC was ready to take us all the way IMHO. And I did not think he could do it before the season started.

Reactions: PSU73

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
I figured that's a good discussion for my first post on the new board. SC was ready to take us all the way IMHO. And I did not think he could do it before the season started.
It's a bit foolish to think this way, but just what if, Will Levis was still on the roster. The debacle in Iowa doesn't happen and the thought of running the table remains alive.

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
I've really grown to like SC as a QB. But take us "all the way"? That might be a bit much. Wins over the Wisconsin's and Auburn's of the world are not quite the measuring stick when looking at National Championship chances. I'm not saying SC isn't capable and I think the defense we have this year is possibly good enough to get us where we want to be at the end of the season. But SC or not, the lack of a running game will keep this team back.

I really think if we have a decent running game, we win in Iowa. Would have taken so much pressure off TR.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Oct 12, 2021
I've really grown to like SC as a QB. But take us "all the way"? That might be a bit much. Wins over the Wisconsin's and Auburn's of the world are not quite the measuring stick when looking at National Championship chances. I'm not saying SC isn't capable and I think the defense we have this year is possibly good enough to get us where we want to be at the end of the season. But SC or not, the lack of a running game will keep this team back.

I really think if we have a decent running game, we win in Iowa. Would have taken so much pressure off TR.

I think Clifford is good enough in this offense to lead a team all the way. What we don't have are linemen for a running attack. Don't know if it is S&C, how they are coached, or the design of our plays. But year in and year out this has been a weakness. And year in and year out we see guys totally whiff on blocks.

Now we are without a #1 RB. Cain has been starting, it seems, out of loyalty. He is no where close to what he was. None have separated themselves.

So the running game is a mess, and that hasn't helped Clifford. Just imagine his passing effectiveness if paired with a rushing attack.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
I have great faith that MY can design plays to get guys open irregardless of a great running attack. Just watch all the open receivers Roberson had in front of him, but he was too frozen to find them.

Latest posts