Speculate: Keenum, GB, Walrus

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Will Keenum have any say-so in the Walrus' future or is that totally GB's call?

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I suspect that he will have very little. He will probably support Byrne's decision to keep him or fire him one way or the other.

MSU2006

Sep 19, 2008
I think this is a great possibility, even this year. The only reason he might not do it this year is because he may feel like he hasn't been on the job long enough to make sure a huge decision for the university, but Keenum will be VERY active in athletics going forward... and he wants MSU to win badly.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
And firing Croom would be a statement. I know Croom has his supporters, but I think even the most realistic person realizes that the only change that will make a difference is Croom himself. More and more people on campus are beginning to realize it, and its folks who I would never have thought jumped off his band wagon.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
but there's not a chinaman's chance in hell he has much input into what is done with Croom this year, much less that "he fires Croom" this or ANY year.

The Big Slick

Aug 29, 2006
(1) Byrne may resent it and look for greener pastures.

(2) I don't want State to end with a Robert Khayat like officious meddling, jock sniffing President

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
...he'll likely let Byrne do his job & be the decision-maker otherwise Keenum will be criticized for being a micromanager along the lines of Foglesong.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Keenum needs to make the call for the long term health of the university. If we keep Croom another year we gonna have a black coach with a chip on his shoulder who is very prone to put his fat foot in his fat mouth and who absolutely refuses to take responsibility for his failures(2009 will be his worst year yet) face to face with an almost all white fan base who are totally tired his ********. It could get very very ugly and the uglier it gets the more it`s going to cost MSU in ways other than just money. I hope he thinks this thing through and brings this cluster17 to an end.