Steelers Cut Players.

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
Steelers claimed getting rid of the latest 2 players would save them $10M.

Getting rid of Pickett would save $14M.

• Haha
Reactions: Waaaaaaaany

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
What do most Steeler fans think they should do at QB? trade or try to move up in draft? or get more talent around Pickett? Can they get Wilson for minimum money and would that be worth it? Big decisions which can impact the team for years.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
They need to get a lineman in the 1st round. Solidify the line positions for years to come. The former gm and Tomlin made the mistake of the giants getting a rb and qb first rather than the line. Now he is paying for that mistake which was right there in front of him before he made it.

Reactions: Bison13

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Steelers claimed getting rid of the latest 2 players would save them $10M.

Getting rid of Pickett would save $14M.
Pickett's entire four-year deal is worth $14mm and all of it is guaranteed.. Must be some higher math going on here.

Reactions: CbusLion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Pickett's entire four-year deal is worth $14mm and all of it is guaranteed.. Must be some higher math going on here.
He goes on rants with no merit. You’re not missing anything.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Ditto.

There are contingencies on "all". The Steelers don't want to admit their mistake. Get rid of Farmboy Pickett the bum.
Nice try. Most of it has already been paid out. Steelers want to cut Kenny Heisman, that's fine with me, but they ain't saving squat if they do.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
The Steelers brought Wilson in for an interview just to tease the sports media & appease the fans.
It's Pickett or bust with a late round QB draft pick + Ryan Tannahill.
Either Pickett has a vastly improved season or the Steelers are in a deep hole for some years.
Apparently that didn’t age well.

• Haha
Reactions: BCrum and LB99

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
Nice try. Most of it has already been paid out. Steelers want to cut Kenny Heisman, that's fine with me, but they ain't saving squat if they do.
No I hasn't. It's paid by year. Still Pickett has to go. He was the waste of a pick. The only people who want to see Pickett kept are ASWPers.

BCrum

Aug 19, 2022
The Steelers brought Wilson in for an interview just to tease the sports media & appease the fans.
It's Pickett or bust with a late round QB draft pick + Ryan Tannahill.
Either Pickett has a vastly improved season or the Steelers are in a deep hole for some years.
Well- I was wrong!

Reactions: ODShowtime

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
cast wilson GIF

Steelers fans this upcoming season....

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
No I hasn't. It's paid by year. Still Pickett has to go. He was the waste of a pick. The only people who want to see Pickett kept are ASWPers.
Try again. There is a difference between elements, primarily signing bonus, being spread over four years and when it's paid in cash. Regardless, Pickett:
is going into year 3 of his four year deal; and his entire contract is guaranteed. So if you have a way to save the Steelers $14mm by cutting Pickett, talk to Omar Khan.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Try again. There is a difference between elements, primarily signing bonus, being spread over four years and when it's paid in cash. Regardless, Pickett:
is going into year 3 of his four year deal; and his entire contract is guaranteed. So if you have a way to save the Steelers $14mm by cutting Pickett, talk to Omar Khan.
I think Genghis Khan would be a better person to call if you needed to cut somebody.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Bubby came later. Passed on Marino because we had Mark Malone and Cliff Stoudt and Noll thought Gabe Rivera was the next Joe Greene.
That’s right is was Malone. What were they thinking. Gabe would have been. He was in the car accident I think.

Reactions: Bison13

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
So they paid Farmboy Pickett over $21M all at once. I'm glad you're not handling my payroll.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
"Most of it has already been paid. That's what you said above. I said no it hasn't. You allowed that other goffus to suck you in.

Is that you Joeparulz? Big ArnieSchwartz?
Kenny Pickett Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

The total for the 4 year contract was / is $14 Million.
Of that $9 million has already been paid.
Cutting Pickett saves the Steelers around $5 million cash over the next 2 years - less what they would pay his replacement on the roster (and they would get bumped with a bit of a cap hit for pushing forward the pro-rated signing bonus).

EDIT: Actually, they wouldn't even save the $5 Million (less replacement costs) - the $14 million was all guaranteed. So cutting Pickett costs them $ (whatever the replacement on the roster makes) and gives them an additional cap hit of $4 million or so. Financially, would be hard to come up with a dumber move..

Last edited:

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
Kenny Pickett Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

The total for the 4 year contract was / is $14 Million.
Of that $9 million has already been paid.
Cutting Pickett saves the Steelers around $5 million cash over the next 2 years - less what they would pay his replacement on the roster (and they would get bumped with a bit of a cap hit for pushing forward the pro-rated signing bonus).

There is, for all intents and purposes, no value to cutting Pickett - even if the replaced him with a league minimum guy.

They still save half of the $10M cutting the other 2 players, and possibly more. Pickett is no Bradshaw or Rothlisberger and never will be.

Omar Khan had to be drunk going after Pickett. He's babbling on the news about bringing in competition for Pickett. It should be Pickett trying to prove himself against others.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
They still save half of the $10M cutting the other 2 players, and possibly more. Pickett is no Bradshaw or Rothlisberger and never will be.

Omar Khan had to be drunk going after Pickett. He's babbling on the news about bringing in competition for Pickett. It should be Pickett trying to prove himself against others.
Don't like the answer, change the subject. It's what Pittboys do.